Ocho Rios zipline attire

-ClevelandRocks-

Got no responses on ports of call board. What's the suggested dress for this excursion? I hate wearin anything more than shorts/sandals but if we gotta bungle thru the jungle, more clothing may be in order. Is there lots of walking? Are insects a problem? My son's bringing his wife, how should she dress? MANY THANX

Like the monkey said to the elephant when it stepped on his tail, "WON'T BE LONG NOW!"

I can't speak for Ocho Rios, but for the one in Antigua we wore shorts, t-shirts and closed-toe shoes. Some of the women wore tank-tops. It was extremely HOT! I would not wear sandals - I'm not sure they'll even let you. If you land on a platform wrong you could hurt your feet badly in sandals. Word of warning - the harnesses we had to wear will cause major chafing with short shorts. My shorts were about mid-thigh and I wished I had longer ones on. (When they cinch up the harnesses they cinch up the pants legs!).

You will have an absolute blast if it is anything like the one we did in Antigua. I was worn out afterwards but I wouldn't trade that experience! Happy Ziplining!

We went Zip lining in Ochos Rios last November. We had a blast! I would do it again in a heart beat. We had on shorts, t-shirts and water shoes. Right after the zip line we went to Dunn River Falls. We didn't have a problem with bugs. I hope you have a ball!

Kim :)

We just Zipped in Mo Bay a week ago. I'd strongly suggest closed toe shoes. Shorts are fine, but I wouldn't recommend "short shorts". You will be a lot more comfortable if the harness hits your shorts, not your bare legs.

I'd also suggest shorts with a zipper (not velcro) pocket to protect your valuables. Nothing like your money and ID doing a 10 story swan dive from your pocket in the middle of the jungle.

We zipped in Roatan, not Jamaica, but I agree; longer shorts, tee or tank top and closed-toe shoes. I wore my walking shoes, even though I hate wearing them in the heat, and I'm glad I did. You are coming into wooden platforms on trees and it would be easy to stub or injure your feet in open toe shoes. Maybe some of the water sandals that are mostly enclosed would be ok.

We didn't have to walk much--we were driven to the top of the hill and zipped down--but good shoes would be best if you do. Bugs weren't a problem for us, but I'd be prepared. Also, it's really fun!

it's funny looking at my pics...my shorts were not "short" by no means, however, all geared up, in my pics when i'm "zipping" by, you can almost see up my shorts to my cheeks :eek:

I did not think of it at all at the time.

I would think the 2 most important things in attire would be

1. shoes-if it gets muddy, it can be a bit slippery, difficult to walk in (as in our case)

2. i wore a cap because the helmets they put on your head, goes on everyone else's sweaty head. So i kept my cap on and placed my helmet over it.

here's a pic of our group, and what everyone wore.

DSCF2085.jpg.100465f60aef1b317a2910e76f82fb6a.jpg

one other thing...if you bring a camera, keep in mind it may rain. we took our cheap underwater camera so not to ruin the good digital one.

our zip line was from mobay, i don't know if they use chukka park too...but from the group pic above, you can see the terrain....for the most part, when it rained, everything drained real well, but we were filthy by the end of it because of the rain.

ok, one other thing....you can bring insect repellant, or they provide it for you (or they did for us) after you get your gear on only!!!!!!!!! they stress this.

i also noticed, as we walked through the jungle, they had citranella like coils burning to keep insects away. I am allergic to many insects so i was very concerned about this. I found some high concentrate deet repellant at wal mart (camping area) and used that. I did not have one insect bite! it was one of the most fabulous things i have ever done. it was awesome!

Archived