Ventura`s caribbean cruise 2009

honeymooner2009

"like you say it's hardly the end of the world... although i would be miffed if i'd paid for pre-econ, but i never will do!! a few extra drinks and the daily mail aren't worth that expense!!! "

Just returned from Montego Bay on Saturday night on Thomson premium and am so glad we spent the extra £99 each way. The leg room and extra width was well worth it as was the champagne, drinks, meals, films, Daily Mail, Hello magazine and excellent service. There were just 5 rows of 2 -3-2 so it was quiet as well. The special check in at Gatwick where we didn't have to queue was well worth paying more for - as was the early boarding. If we go to the Caribbean again I will definitely pay for the upgrade if it's available. This was luxury after our last 4 flights there and back.

Caryl

"like you say it's hardly the end of the world... although i would be miffed if i'd paid for pre-econ, but i never will do!! a few extra drinks and the daily mail aren't worth that expense!!! "

Just returned from Montego Bay on Saturday night on Thomson premium and am so glad we spent the extra £99 each way. The leg room and extra width was well worth it as was the champagne, drinks, meals, films, Daily Mail, Hello magazine and excellent service. There were just 5 rows of 2 -3-2 so it was quiet as well. The special check in at Gatwick where we didn't have to queue was well worth paying more for - as was the early boarding. If we go to the Caribbean again I will definitely pay for the upgrade if it's available. This was luxury after our last 4 flights there and back.

Caryl

if you know what rows to ask for, the seats have more room than pre-econ with two rows in front of them taken out!! but i'll keep that one to myself!!

champagne...nah..try sparkling wine!

daily mail.. what are they in whsmith's 50p?

hello... £3.50?

the meals are no better, you just get to choose first...

the films are the same... they tell you they're not, but the 'top' films show throughout both cabins.. you just get more choice of 'fillers'!

better check in...another con..it's all down to timing! when we flew out in november, the pre-econ desks (2 IIRC) we're all busy, the 6 'econ' class desks had no Q's!!..and coming home... check in consisted of an envelope and putting your bags outside your room!!

1st 10 rows in 'econ' were off the a/c before the pre-econ...not that it matters as you still have to wait for your bags when you're coming home, and we were all on the same coaches to the ship anyway...

my point is that these airlines are conning people into thinking they're getting 1st/business class type flights.....they are not even remotely near pre-econ standard on most decent airlines, and now they have taken numerous rows from econ on all cruise flights, the difference in legroom is minute!! ....like you say a newspaper and some sparkling wine...

assuming that there was 2 of you @ £99 each way ... unless you got a bargain and paid that between you, i personally believe that £396 is simply a con for what you actually get...

each to their own... but you only have to ask yourself why these airlines charge you to sit togther, eat ... and have a window or not on normal holiday flights?, when they are under a cruise companies control, do you not think things are any different?...

we travelled in econ.. next to the door, last on, first off, drank all i wanted, read the paper i'd bought at 'smiths... watched all the 'usual' stuff on the IFE screen and saved ourselves £396! or look at it in another way...my drinks on the ship were all FREE!!!!

same plane, same paper, same meal, same drinks, same ship!! i just don't think that it's worth the money...

it bothers me when i read that people think unless they book into pre-econ, they will have a terrible flight.... not the case..and with all the first choice/thompson config problems then it can work out an even bigger con.. as people have found out!..

it's only around 14 hours or so of your 14 day holiday...is it that much of a priority??

yep!!

where in cheshire are you?? the group of 18 sounds fantastic!

We are not really in Cheshire, we used to live in Lancashire which I liked but now we live in Greater Manchester which I don't like so as we actually live so close to the Cheshire boundary I have adopted the address (except with Royal Mail of course)

We live on the edge of Leigh quite close to Glazebury and Culcheth and can be in Lowton and Warrington in minutes.

I have worked in Cheshire for many years and my office was in Knutsford and then Northwich.

Might just risk the luggage, we won't be much over and as you say its 2shorts,3 T shirts 6 loud shirts, 2 pants and a dinner suit and the rest of the allowance is for me!!

Hi I was on the cruise on the 19/12/08 we were a party of 14 people the cruise was fantastic me and my partner got married on christmas day. The whole experience was fantastic There were a few problems, a couple of skirmishes but the press blow it out of proportion at this time of year you always get a minority who cannot handle booze and emotions it was late at nite when mainly teenagers were partying it happens weather your in a resort a ship or at home so to blame p n o is wrong they sorted the problems out and any culprits were lockd up and removed from the ship.i would like to take this opportunity to thank the captain (who performed our ceremony) and all the fantastic staff for a unforgetable cruise

Steven and Carolyn

Hi I was on the cruise on the 19/12/08 we were a party of 14 people the cruise was fantastic me and my partner got married on christmas day. The whole experience was fantastic There were a few problems, a couple of skirmishes but the press blow it out of proportion at this time of year you always get a minority who cannot handle booze and emotions it was late at nite when mainly teenagers were partying it happens weather your in a resort a ship or at home so to blame p n o is wrong they sorted the problems out and any culprits were lockd up and removed from the ship.i would like to take this opportunity to thank the captain (who performed our ceremony) and all the fantastic staff for a unforgetable cruise

Steven and Carolyn

there you go.... someone that was ON the ship!!! nice one pal!

Archived