Is Margaritaville worth it?

newcruiser30

Hello,

We are a 30 y.o. husband and wife (no kids) who are cruising to Ocho Rios in mid March. We've eaten at the Margaritaville in Myrtle Beach, S.C. Is it worth it to stop at the one in Ocho? I've seen pictures of it, and it looks like it's more a water park for kids. Would we be better off skipping it and instead going to Coyaba River Gardens, or just the regular beach? I am trying to decide between two private tours.

Thank you

I wouldn't plan on spending the day there, but it is an easy stop on your way back from another tour. Just get dropped off at the area and walk back to the ship--just keep an eye on the time! It is fun and we have been to most of the Margaritavilles too! All of them are a little different, but if you like overpriced drinks and food they are all good! :p (wish I had some of Jimmy's money and marketing!)

The Margaritaville in Ocho Rios is at best a very casual 5-10 minute stroll from the gated pier area to Island Village where Margaritaville is located. The walk is safe as one side is a resort villa and the other side is undeveloped and you can see the fence for Island Village to keep people out....

Island Village has lots of neat shopping and you can easily get there and back to the pier even if you had one too many margaritas.....

Island Village is a really nice place to stop for a few reasonable priced and nice souvenirs. And Margaritaville is fun. I didn't see any kids there when we were there. It was a fun place to stop for a few drinks and/or munchies, but I don't know that I'd spend the whole day there.

DH and I will be in Ocho Rios in May with friends...seven total. We are not sure what to do for the day. We're thinking about staying on the ship for most of the morning and then going to Margaritaville for a few drinks in the afternooon. We've been to Ocho Rios before so we're the "planners" for our group. Would MV be fun for a couple hours or should we go somewhere else? Any suggestions?

Archived