crazy medical bills (Whats your story)

Alymo1

My son spent a total of 5 hours in Emergency in a San Fransisco hospital. He had a couple of tests done, but he was mainly under observation. The bill?? USD$5,500.00. Heaven knows how much it would have cost if he actually needed anything done. The hospital also made sure of our Travel Insurance details before we left, so if you need to go to the Dr or hospital always make sure to take your copy of your Travel Insurance.

My son spent a total of 5 hours in Emergency in a San Fransisco hospital. He had a couple of tests done, but he was mainly under observation. The bill?? USD$5,500.00. Heaven knows how much it would have cost if he actually needed anything done. The hospital also made sure of our Travel Insurance details before we left, so if you need to go to the Dr or hospital always make sure to take your copy of your Travel Insurance.

Hi Lee, I remember him telling us that:eek:. He's not around much these days. Hope all is ok with him. Tell him we miss him:).

Not long for you two now, you must be getting very excited.

Hi Karen

Yes Jarrod is OK - he still can't get excited. He seems to have lost the cruising bug big time. Only 5 weeks to go (tomorrow) till we sail - hopefully he'll be better then or it will be a very long 35 nights for me. I'll say Hi to him from you.

Hi Karen

Yes Jarrod is OK - he still can't get excited. He seems to have lost the cruising bug big time. Only 5 weeks to go (tomorrow) till we sail - hopefully he'll be better then or it will be a very long 35 nights for me. I'll say Hi to him from you.

Thanks. And give him a big hug for me too. I hope he gets the cruising bug back by the time you go.........for your sake;). As you said, it will be a long 5 weeks if he doesn't want to be there. I'd like to say I'll take his place but I have my own cruise to do at the same time:)

You must have travel insurance when traveling overseas particularly to the USA.

We went on a cruise to Alaska in May then to New York to visit my son. Got sick and spent four days in ICU in a New Jersey hospital and received a bill for USD$98,288 (yes almost $100,000 USD) so do not leave home without insurance under any circumstances. At almost $25,000 USD a day it turned out to be an expense anyone could do without.

You must have travel insurance when traveling overseas particularly to the USA.

We went on a cruise to Alaska in May then to New York to visit my son. Got sick and spent four days in ICU in a New Jersey hospital and received a bill for USD$98,288 (yes almost $100,000 USD) so do not leave home without insurance under any circumstances. At almost $25,000 USD a day it turned out to be an expense anyone could do without.

Wow that is amazing it makes you want to have no only travel insurance but the best travel insurance.

We have had to claim on our travel insurance when my DH got sick while snorkelling at Isle of Pines, 8 hrs in the ships hospital came to $2,800! Insurance eventually paid but we have to pay first then claim. I would hate to have to pay $100,000 and then claim!! Our dinner companions on the Pacific Dawn didn't have travel insurance and their son got really badly sunburnt. I couldn't believe they didn't have it so goodness knows what his treatment (antibiotics, gel pads etc) ended up costing. Their reason was that it was going to cost nearly $800 for travel insurance. We certainly didn't pay anywhere near that. I think if you can't afford travel insurance then you can't afford to travel. It should be compulsory!

Archived