Good/Bad Fort Lauderdale Hotel Help!

Hello! We will be boarding the Ruby Princess next month leaving from Fort Lauderdale. We would like to spend a few extra days there before hand, and I'm wondering if anyone can give me some reccomendations for hotels to try or to avoid. We would like something near the port, but that isn't mandatory. A nice pool would be a plus. Thank-you in advance for the help!

I can't vouch for this place, but it looks fine in photos - travelzoo dot com has a link for the Bahia Mar hotel right on the ocean with a pool starting at 109 a night. We were looking for early Feb. and was quoted 119/night. If we can't find a better deal on priceline, we're seriously thinking of booking.

I can't vouch for this place, but it looks fine in photos - travelzoo dot com has a link for the Bahia Mar hotel right on the ocean with a pool starting at 109 a night. We were looking for early Feb. and was quoted 119/night. If we can't find a better deal on priceline, we're seriously thinking of booking.

Wow, that is a really good deal. But it isn't really on the beach; it is across the street from the ocean, and was just fully renovated. It is walkable to everything by the beachfront, so you don't need a car to get around if you can walk a mile each way.

Wow, that is a really good deal. But it isn't really on the beach; it is across the street from the ocean, and was just fully renovated. It is walkable to everything by the beachfront, so you don't need a car to get around if you can walk a mile each way.

I just reread my posting and wanted to clarify that there is stuff closer than a mile, but if you can walk a mile you will get to see more of the restaurants, bars, and shops.

We stayed for 3 nights pre-cruise at the Riverside Hotel. Thoroughly enjoyed it. You are right on Las Olas. Hotel has a pool across the road.

We second that. Have stayed there many times and love the Los Olas location. The hotel, as well as the pool, is pretty unique.

Archived