Oh Jimmy boy think of your middle

Do your Sunday shop at Lidl.

Dinner jackets look fantastic

But they don't make them from ELASTIC.

Gari

Bravo, Bravo. Author! Author!

Encore Encore!

J

SLC....the QM2 is a little bit of England on the high seas & the class system is alive & well. So long as you realise that outside of the Grill areas the service & clientele will not be the same as Seabourn et al you will enjoy the experience.

To compare some familiar UK high street brands....

QG = Selfridges Food Hall

PG = A high end Waitrose branch (eg Canary Wharf)

Britannia Club = Sainsburys

Britannia = Morrissons :p

Why thank you ManxMary I love Waitrose and miss it considerably in the US. Although my local Waitrose is in Cobham, Surrey one hopes it compares to Canary Wharf. Whilst dining in the PG in the spring I will think of Waitrose and hope to goodness I don't meet any Morrisson customers :eek: ......:p

How nice that you're all having such a good laugh at the expense of the OP's original question which was not meant to demean anyone. All he wanted to know was how the service in QG compared to Seabourn. Why that said to everyone it's okay to take out your knives and slice him to ribbons is beyond me. And I venture to say that, given the opportunity, everyone would sail in QG in a heart beat.

Well - there we go then. If I can just find matching trousers with an elasticated waist, I can kick the diet right into touch :)

J

Burgundy velvet, J? I'd advise you stick with the diet. Are you using your pedometer? Weather decent enough to take your lunchtime walks? You have just under 3 months, plenty of time to fit back in your kilt.;)

Michael

Eggs and bacon

Pudding black

Beans and Toms

Toast in a rack.

Two grilled kippers

And some Lorne

That's what he has each Sunday morn

Plus Sausages all a sizzle

Butter for his toast to drizzle.

Mushrooms and a big fried slice

All at Tesco's low low price.

Then he calls for more toast

Thickened with what he loves most,

Oxford marmalade that stuff

That has the peel cut very rough.

Oh Jimmy boy think of your middle

Do your Sunday shop at Lidl.

Dinner jackets look fantastic

But they don't make them from ELASTIC.

Gari

LOL. Gari, you are a national treasure!

J, you must print and laminate this and carry it with you at all times, especially Sunday mornings. Like a prayer card.:rolleyes:

How nice that you're all having such a good laugh at the expense of the OP's original question which was not meant to demean anyone.

I think you will find that no one is having any fun at all at the expense of the Original Poster. He or she posted a perfectly reasonable question and I believe that your answer at post No 2 answered that question fully, accurately, and reasonably.

If you examine the quote in my post (No 4 on this thread), you will see that I quoted part of a post by someone called ManxMary, who joined the board this month and who's first post I am quoting.

The suggestions in that post that the "class system is alive and well", that "clientele" outside the Grills are somehow substandard, and that the Britannia restaurant equates to a low-end British supermarket cafe are what I find thoroughly offensive, and it is at the expense of that post, and that poster, that we are having "such a good laugh"

J

How nice that you're all having such a good laugh at the expense of the OP's original question which was not meant to demean anyone. All he wanted to know was how the service in QG compared to Seabourn. Why that said to everyone it's okay to take out your knives and slice him to ribbons is beyond me. And I venture to say that, given the opportunity, everyone would sail in QG in a heart beat.

Are you serious? And here's me thinking all Californians were laid back kinda folks.

Oh well another cherished dream ruined.

Gari

Are you serious? And here's me thinking all Californians were laid back kinda folks.

Oh well another cherished dream ruined.

Gari

I should have thought Prop 8 in November would have shattered any such illusions, Gari.:( But perhaps you don't follow state politics that closely.

Well - there we go then. If I can just find matching trousers with an elasticated waist, I can kick the diet right into touch :)

J

So here is the rest. It also comes with an elastic waist. How handsome you shall be!!! The sporran is pure class!!! That is a sporran is it not?

K.jpg

I should have thought Prop 8 in November would have shattered any such illusions, Gari.:( But perhaps you don't follow state politics that closely.

With the state our politics are in NO!

Scrimshankers, Sailtrimmers and Lallygaggers to a man Sir.!

Gari

So here is the rest. It also comes with an elastic waist. How handsome you shall be!!! The sporran is pure class!!! That is a sporran is it not?

K.jpg

Why, I bet, when the Captain sees you in your spandex burgandy DJ and elasticized kilt, you will be upgraded immediately to QG, I am sure!!! Of course, you must learn to tie your own bowtie (one that matches the kilt, no less).

I think you will find that no one is having any fun at all at the expense of the Original Poster. He or she posted a perfectly reasonable question and I believe that your answer at post No 2 answered that question fully, accurately, and reasonably.

If you examine the quote in my post (No 4 on this thread), you will see that I quoted part of a post by someone called ManxMary, who joined the board this month and who's first post I am quoting.

The suggestions in that post that the "class system is alive and well", that "clientele" outside the Grills are somehow substandard, and that the Britannia restaurant equates to a low-end British supermarket cafe are what I find thoroughly offensive, and it is at the expense of that post, and that poster, that we are having "such a good laugh"

J

Well said, Jimmy. When the day dawns that any of us have a 'good laugh' at the expense of a genuine, decent poster, I shall resign.

Mary

J

I dont care where my cabin is...its like flying..yes, some of us do use planes (or in my case,a broomstick),i still arrive at my destination at the same time as First or Business Class.

I like to spend the difference in price on some good retail therapy!!

Happy Australia Day to all

hoo roo

sharon

Yes we have a sense of humour here :D

As for QG, been there, done it, got the Tee- Shirt :) ;)

Gav :cool:

Not to argue, but I am not everybody. I am somebody who absolutely would not opt for the Grills were it given me. It's not my style. We are not all alike!!!

Yes, it is indeed a sporran. I have to say, I've never heard of a kilt with an elasticated waist. Could be the answer to a Scotsman's dream that.

J

Archived