Queens Grill

Selfloadingcargo

Yes, it is indeed a sporran. I have to say, I've never heard of a kilt with an elasticated waist. Could be the answer to a Scotsman's dream that.

J

Well, dream on, then!!!:)

All Sport Kilts are fully pleated with a flat front panel, or apron, of 12 to 18 inches (depending on size). The kilt is fastened around the waist with a secure velcro closure. We add a bit of elastic in the waistband to ensure adjustability and comfort and also the needed give for athletes during strenuous activities.

Who said anything about a cabin?

Happy Australia Day to all upside-down people.

Mary:)

ooops..i thought the location of the cabin depended on which dining room you have the priveledge of using!

Please forgive me...its from hanging up-side down for soooo long. The blood rushes to my head

Hoo roo....

sharon

Eggs and bacon

Pudding black

Beans and Toms

Toast in a rack.

Two grilled kippers

And some Lorne

That's what he has each Sunday morn

Plus Sausages all a sizzle

Butter for his toast to drizzle.

Mushrooms and a big fried slice

All at Tesco's low low price.

Then he calls for more toast

Thickened with what he loves most,

Oxford marmalade that stuff

That has the peel cut very rough.

Oh Jimmy boy think of your middle

Do your Sunday shop at Lidl.

Dinner jackets look fantastic

But they don't make them from ELASTIC.

Gari

Sadly i was limited to scrambled eggs this Sunday morning, and great sausage from the Lancaster Farmers Market. But Gari's menu sounds the best! We had haggis tonight .....

Er, thank you all for your kind input.....

I'm not quite sure what to say.

This could be our first and only time on Cunard......

Hi there,

I am sailing on QV in a few weeks (Sydney to Singapore) and it will be my first time with Cunard. For that matter i have only ever been on 1 cruise before with Royal Carribean for 4 nights.

I am sure you will enjoy the cruise

Hoo Roo

sharon

I'm sure it's not too late to cancel. Doh, I can't believe I said that!

Fear not - we are nothing like the folk you are likely to meet on your voyage....sadly. No, seriously, hang around for a while and you will (make that "may") get the gist of the banter here. Your question was answered in post #2 so we have been having a wee bit 'o fun since then. Sorry if we have scared you. We are much more well-behaved in person ('cept Gari and Sir M, they are even worse!).

Michael

How nice that you're all having such a good laugh at the expense of the OP's original question which was not meant to demean anyone. All he wanted to know was how the service in QG compared to Seabourn. Why that said to everyone it's okay to take out your knives and slice him to ribbons is beyond me. And I venture to say that, given the opportunity, everyone would sail in QG in a heart beat.

It's called taking the mickey...just having a laugh, no harm intended :rolleyes:

Not to argue, but I am not everybody. I am somebody who absolutely would not opt for the Grills were it given me. It's not my style. We are not all alike!!!

Oh, Gail. Do try the Princess Grill once, if it were given to you. No butler to make you feel awkward, but a really fine experience, spacious cabin being for me a large part of it. Food was very nice, especially the special order stuff, but in general really was not much different, in the main, from Britannia. Although we did have a waiter and TWO assistants serving us. And the Queen's Grill Lounge for a cocktail before dinner was really nice, cozy and without crowds. Bartendress, Chingaling (not sure how to spell it!), was simply the most fun we have encountered on board any ship.

Ah, but you can add this, it has its willies!!! Classy!!!

sporransfur.jpg

Um.....Jimmy is a 6 WILLIES kind of guy....these "pretenders" could seriously cramp his style. :eek::rolleyes:;)

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

August 7, 2009....the “Affair” goes on...this time “home” to Norway

So here is the rest. It also comes with an elastic waist. How handsome you shall be!!! The sporran is pure class!!! That is a sporran is it not?

K.jpg

That is indeed a sporran and if he turns up in that to an evening do he'll get a thick ear; that would be like wearing a white tie with a tux.

How nice that you're all having such a good laugh at the expense of the OP's original question which was not meant to demean anyone. All he wanted to know was how the service in QG compared to Seabourn. Why that said to everyone it's okay to take out your knives and slice him to ribbons is beyond me. And I venture to say that, given the opportunity, everyone would sail in QG in a heart beat.

Perhaps a study of British humour would be in order, then you will understand the drift of the posts. Knives and ribbons are no where to be see.

That is indeed a sporran and if he turns up in that to an evening do he'll get a thick ear; that would be like wearing a white tie with a tux.

Well - if it's good enough for the 44th President of the United States of America, it's good enough for little ol' me!

J

Jamie,

I guarantee you one thing. Once you've been once, you'll definitely go again. Cunard can be very addictive. Particularly (I imagine) Queen's Grill.

Take no notice of the mayhem on here - this board has a reputation for chaos and general anarchy. But you'll usually get a sensible enough answer to any question you raise - usually in the first ten replies.

How's the weather in Toronto?

J

Jamie,

Take no notice of the mayhem on here - this board has a reputation for chaos and general anarchy. But you'll usually get a sensible enough answer to any question you raise - usually in the first ten replies.

J

EXCUSE ME!! Some people go to a great deal of effort and put in enormous amounts of time to produce this mayhem, chaos and general anarchy you disparage so easily and dismiss so lightly.

Gari

Jamie,

I guarantee you one thing. Once you've been once, you'll definitely go again. Cunard can be very addictive. Particularly (I imagine) Queen's Grill.

How's the weather in Toronto?

J

Also be aware that there is a tremendous jealousy factor in play here where those folks in steerage class constantly try to denigrate those of us who are able to travel in the Queens Grill accommodations. Don't let it lessen your enjoyment of your vacation.

Also be aware that there is a tremendous jealousy factor in play here where those folks in steerage class constantly try to denigrate those of us who are able to travel in the Queens Grill accommodations. Don't let it lessen your enjoyment of your vacation.

Jealously?

I seriously doubt it!!

Try Steerage, you might be surprised!

And also be aware of the British sense of irony, with some welcome assistance from a select band of the cousins. It has taken us many years of training:D.

Let's try again. No-one has denigrated those who travel in QG; some of our friends, who occasionally grant us an audience if we're lucky, travel regularly in QG. It has been a spot of harmless fun, aimed at (probably) a troll (ManxMary, who has been conspicuous by her absence since her first and only post).

Clear yet?

Mary

Why a thick ear??It is understated lovely leather with little willies. Less is more, sometimes!!!:)

EXCUSE ME!! Some people go to a great deal of effort and put in enormous amounts of time to produce this mayhem, chaos and general anarchy you disparage so easily and dismiss so lightly.

Gari

There there Gari. Remember I work for the Department of Health - I'll see if I can get them to double the dose of those nice pills you get. You just relax and have a nice cup of tea in the meantime. Everything will be ok.

J

I so totally agree, Bob!!

And jealousy is such an ugly and vulgar emotion, don't you think.

Almost as ugly, in its own small way, as arrogant, egocentric, big-headed, snobbish, vainglorious, overbearing, contemptuous, pomposity!

But there, that's only my personal opinion.

J

I so totally agree, Bob!!

And jealousy is such an ugly and vulgar emotion, don't you think.

Almost as ugly, in its own small way, as arrogant, egocentric, big-headed, snobbish, vainglorious, overbearing, contemptuous, pomposity!

But there, that's only my personal opinion.

J

Hear Hear or is it here here ? J :eek: :D ;)

Archived