Queens Grill

Selfloadingcargo

Also be aware that there is a tremendous jealousy factor in play here where those folks in steerage class constantly try to denigrate those of us who are able to travel in the Queens Grill accommodations. Don't let it lessen your enjoyment of your vacation.

Bob, This is a quote from a fellow Connecticut resident, Mark Twain:

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."

So what part of CT are you from?

And this is a quote from a former resident of Easton---Helen Keller: "Self-pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it, we can never do anything good in the world"

Jamie,

I guarantee you one thing. Once you've been once, you'll definitely go again. Cunard can be very addictive. Particularly (I imagine) Queen's Grill.

Take no notice of the mayhem on here - this board has a reputation for chaos and general anarchy. But you'll usually get a sensible enough answer to any question you raise - usually in the first ten replies.

How's the weather in Toronto?

J

Thank you for the reassurance.... The second reply was just what we needed, although I'm not sure what we've starterd!

Oh, and the weather? Almost as chilly as some of the posts on here... At least it's sunny though....

:)

Also be aware that there is a tremendous jealousy factor in play here where those folks in steerage class constantly try to denigrate those of us who are able to travel in the Queens Grill accommodations. Don't let it lessen your enjoyment of your vacation.

If you ask me the problem is those with a superiority complex. Normally those who have to buy favours.

Thank you for the reassurance.... The second reply was just what we needed, although I'm not sure what we've starterd!

Oh, and the weather? Almost as chilly as some of the posts on here... At least it's sunny though....

:)

Please be assured that all QG passengers are not as pompous as one or two who post here (they seem to be the ones who are unable to post without mentioning that they are QG--gets a little boring). One poster in particular assumes that those who joke about the QG are jealous because they can not afford QG accommodations. And I can assure you that this is not the case--most of us can afford whatever we desire--we are quite comfortable with whatever category we book (otherwise why would we book it?:rolleyes:) and just might enjoy spending the monies saved from booking lower categories on other things in life.;)

And if you are given a suggestion by one of these more pompous QG posters to tip the maitre'd $50 in advance so that you might get your desired dining accommodations in QG, please ignore it. It is totally unnecessary to do this and IMHO shows a distinct lack of class on the part of the big tipper(s). The maitre'd does not need to be bribed to insure seating to your preference. If you use a good travel agent, the agent will have taken care of your seating requests for you well in advance of embarkation.

I hope that you enjoy your voyage. I've met some lovely people on Cunard and know that you will too.

You called?

I did m'lord Bearly of QG, and thank you for graciously taking the time to speak with the likes of me.

The boiling coins you tossed from your carriage yesterday were greatly appreciated; I understand the blisters should heal by April.

Genuflecting wildly, Mary

SLC....the QM2 is a little bit of England on the high seas & the class system is alive & well. So long as you realise that outside of the Grill areas the service & clientele will not be the same as Seabourn et al you will enjoy the experience.

To compare some familiar UK high street brands....

QG = Selfridges Food Hall

PG = A high end Waitrose branch (eg Canary Wharf)

Britannia Club = Sainsburys

Britannia = Morrissons :p

The only aspects of the QM2 I found to be slightly "Morrisons" were the market stalls of duty free tat & the Cruise Director on our tandem T/A back in October ;)

Please be assured that all QG passengers are not as pompous as one or two who post here (they seem to be the ones who are unable to post without mentioning that they are QG--gets a little boring). One poster in particular assumes that those who joke about the QG are jealous because they can not afford QG accommodations. And I can assure you that this is not the case--most of us can afford whatever we desire--we are quite comfortable with whatever category we book (otherwise why would we book it?:rolleyes:) and just might enjoy spending the monies saved from booking lower categories on other things in life.;)

And if you are given a suggestion by one of these more pompous QG posters to tip the maitre'd $50 in advance so that you might get your desired dining accommodations in QG, please ignore it. It is totally unnecessary to do this and IMHO shows a distinct lack of class on the part of the big tipper(s). The maitre'd does not need to be bribed to insure seating to your preference. If you use a good travel agent, the agent will have taken care of your seating requests for you well in advance of embarkation.

I hope that you enjoy your voyage. I've met some lovely people on Cunard and know that you will too.

This is getting to be fun.

Queen's Gorillas v The Rest. Round 2972. No kicking, gouging, scratching or split infinitives. Dong!

Gari

That explains it....an area code 860 person...you should come down to Fairfield County where the real CT folks live...

I always heard that Fairfield County folk believe they are not a part of Connecticut, but rather a country unto itself. True?

Archived