Queens Grill

Selfloadingcargo

Stick around Jamie, it gets better!

Jimmy

I admit.., this is not what we expected, but excellent harmless fun nonetheless!

Ok then, we're looking forward to our trip, now I'm not going to mention tips, ;) but we do like a table for two, are the Maitre d's in the Grills as uptight as has been mentioned? We can't stand snobbishness or greasy palms! :eek:

J.

I have a question, Grizzly. Do you truly call men's dress shoes, black leather pumps? I have never heard a gentlemen's shoe referred to as a pump before--it has always been women's high heels. Perhaps it is another difference in the two languages?

Gail,

shhhh!! We don't want everyone to know that Gari wears high heels.

J

David, may I call you David, (we have not after all been introduced,) I could not agree with you more. I must take up your point about the tailor though because anyone walking abroad with trousers as you have described obviously does not HAVE a tailor and must, perforce, purchase Pert a porter. Standards dear chap, standards on an ever quickening downward rush.

Garik.

Gari.

It would appear that there is a possibility that you may have misconstrued my reference to Tailor.

It is patently obvious that I was referring to Mr. George Tailor. It appears that this chap Tailor designs really cheap and shoddy clothes, and retails them under a label bearing his first name (George), via a national UK supermarket chain. As it reduces his production costs to manufacture only one length of trousers, he chose 'long'.

Alas the poor misguided souls who purchase his products believe that they are purchasing the latest line in fashion. Thus one frequently sees such individuals displaying grossly ill-fitting garments with apparent smugness and complacency, in the sadly mistaken belief that they are wearing a mode élevée garment!

Regards,

David

Gari.

It would appear that there is a possibility that you may have misconstrued my reference to Tailor.

It is patently obvious that I was referring to Mr. George Tailor. It appears that this chap Tailor designs really cheap and shoddy clothes, and retails them under a label bearing his first name (George), via a national UK supermarket chain. As it reduces his production costs to manufacture only one length of trousers, he chose 'long'.

Alas the poor misguided souls who purchase his products believe that they are purchasing the latest line in fashion. Thus one frequently sees such individuals displaying grossly ill-fitting garments with apparent smugness and complacency, in the sadly mistaken belief that they are wearing a mode élevée garment!

Regards,

David

You should see our Gar in his very well fitting leather garments, very handsome , indeed!

Gari.

Regards,

David

I must bow to your superior knowledge David old chap. Never having frequented a - what was it - a supermarket chain I will take your word that this is indeed what happens. One has only pity for such unfortunates.

Gari

Gail,

shhhh!! We don't want everyone to know that Gari wears high heels.

J

I always call my formal dress shoes, patent leather pumps. Is there something "funny" about that?

And just how did you lose your cute little boats? Did Gari pirate them?

I admit.., this is not what we expected, but excellent harmless fun nonetheless!

Ok then, we're looking forward to our trip, now I'm not going to mention tips, ;) but we do like a table for two, are the Maitre d's in the Grills as uptight as has been mentioned? We can't stand snobbishness or greasy palms! :eek:

J.

If you have a travel agent, ask that they make the table arrangements for you. And there are no greasy palms onboard. Nor are the maitre'd's uptight! Just be sure to check your table arrangements when you get on the ship and if they are not what you want, go immediately to your maitre'd and they will correct the arrangements for you. And please, no $50 tip upfront! ;):rolleyes:;)

And you will find that your journey will be filled with wonderfully nice fellow passengers and crew members!

I always call my formal dress shoes, patent leather pumps. Is there something "funny" about that?

And just how did you lose your cute little boats? Did Gari pirate them?

I shamed him into scuppering them. Didn't want him to look like a numpty.

Gari

If you have a travel agent, ask that they make the table arrangements for you. And there are no greasy palms onboard. Nor are the maitre'd's uptight! Just be sure to check your table arrangements when you get on the ship and if they are not what you want, go immediately to your maitre'd and they will correct the arrangements for you. And please, no $50 tip upfront! ;):rolleyes:;)

And you will find that your journey will be filled with wonderfully nice fellow passengers and crew members!

And if there is any hesitation to get the table you desire pull out the $50 bill. Remember you spent good money to go on this trip and another $50 to get the table you desire is a small price to pay. As Jerry Mc Guire said "Show me the money!"

And if there is any hesitation to get the table you desire pull out the $50 bill. Remember you spent good money to go on this trip and another $50 to get the table you desire is a small price to pay. As Jerry Mc Guire said "Show me the money!"

Sir, you are a cad.

Gentlemanly behaviour will get you all you need. Try it. It may surprise you.

Yeah, kinda like, if you got it, flaunt it!!! Makes good sense to me!!!

J.

I don't see why you would need anything more than an inquiry to get a table for two in the Grills. You certainly don't need more than that to get what you want in the Britannia Restaurant. On the other hand, if you are in doubt, flaunt whatever you have--but remember, a little of it, will go a long ways!!!

Archived