NCL Spirit

packard89

I have 2 questions. Regarding formal night or nights; are the nights pre-determined like usual or do we get to choose when we want to do formal night? (As you can tell, I've never done the Freestyle cruising.) 2nd question; for anyone who has sailed on the Spirit recently, did anyone notice men wearing shorts to dinner? I'm talking about nice, knee length shorts, like khaki's. I know my son can wear nice shorts to dinner, I'm praying my husband can as well.

Thanks!

By no means am I an expert, it has been a few years since I last sailed on the Spirit. I am booked for my 2nd trip on the Spirit next month. Anyhow, last I knew, the formal nights are scheduled, but you can decided if you want to participate or not. I believe that one dining room will be for formal and the other casual.

As far as the shorts go, they are not allowed in the main dining rooms. Just about anything goes for the buffet.

If I am wrong, I am sure that someone will jump in.

Have a great time on the Spirit.

Kim

Formal (if you want to do them) nights are the first sea day and the next to the last night for the seven day. I saw shorts worn (maybe 1 or 2 percent only but that was only the first night or so, then I did not see anyone wearing them) in the Garden Room but they are not allowed in Windows. Of course, they are allowed in Raffles and Blue Lagoon. I cannot speak to any of the specialty restaurants, since we did not eat there.

I don't know how old your son is, but he should not be wearing shorts to dinner in Windows unless he's under 3.

in 98% of the cases, shorts are not allowed, for dinner, in any of the dining rooms. last cruise, on the spirit, we had one, older gentleman (?) having a fit because he ONLY packed shorts..he gave the seating hostesses major grief all week. they had to seat him. BUT they did refuse him in the specialities. hopefully, next cruise, his wife packs for him?

casual, long pant are accepted..nice jeans are accepted..shorts (even knee-lenght) good chance they will ask him to change.

Actually kids under 12 CAN wear nice shorts in all dining rooms, per NCl website describing freestyle dining, OP is correct... but husband will not be allowed in dining rooms with shorts on...

"When you're ready for dinner, it's collared shirts and pants or nice jeans for guys. Slacks or jeans, dresses, skirts and tops are perfect for women. Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear nice shorts in our restaurants whenever. "

Archived