Poesia - Help With Stateroom

cyndyga

I have noticed that the front and back of the ships balcony's jut out and the middle of the ship is narrower. I can get a smaller cabin with balcony on the front that sticks out or a room about 5 down from the front that is bigger but on the narrower middle...

Will my view be obstructed by the front where the ship juts out? And how much bigger are the bigger cabins with balcony's ? Is it that much of a difference? :) thanks!

Hello!

I sailed twice on the Orchestra series (Musica and Poesia).

We twice had balcony cabins.

The first time, on the Musica, it was way forward (ie: where the superstucture is flush with the hull, like the after section). The cabin was rather big. It has a small sofa.

The second time, on the Poesia, we had a cabin that was in the central section (above the life boat, where the superstructure is receeding).

The cabin was slightly larger - there was a bigger sofa, and a bigger desk, with extra storage compare to the desk in the first cabin.

I noticed these 'larger' cabins can be significantly more expenseive that the forward and aft cabins. So, it really depends on your budget, but I don't think the extra space is worth the supplement.

Jacques O, Paris.

Archived