Spirit condition

takeavacation

Just wondering from recent passengers -- how does the Spirit look these days? Is it due for any dry dock work in the near future? TIA!

Dry dock is scheduled in March - from what I have read, work is being done primarily below water line so don't expect major facelifts in the public areas.

We were on Spirit over Christmas. This was our first cruise on Carnival (hence, our first cruise on Spirit) and, comparing her to other ships we have been on, she looked fine. Every thing was clean, painted and sparkling. We are not the type to inspect the base boards and that sort of stuff but the carpet was clean and in good shape, the cabins were in good shape. Everything worked. I was suprised when I heard she was going into dry dock. I sure didn't see very much that need to be fixed topside. Of course, if a propeller or azipod fell off during our cruise or she sprung a leak, that would have gotten my attention.

We were on the spirit in Nov. She is beautiful! The crew all acted like it was a training cruise though. I hope that has improved. I had to bus tables before we could sit down at the lido buffet, or on the aft area. I asked which side of the ship is smoking, and nobody knew, just little things like that. I also did not enjoy the activity people. They were not very fun. But like I said, everyone I talked to just got there, or was leaving when we did!

It's a real pain the butt when you just happen get on the cruise where the ship has a major crew change! It has only happened to us once, but it can sure downgrade service...a lot of the "new" crew are just that, and their first couple of weeks are when they get their training!! We get to be the lab-rats!!

Just glad it hasn't happened to us more than that one time!

we are going on the spirit on the 16th of feb 09, get on just before dry dock and crew change(thank the maker), thx for info on spirit

Just fyi, there is never a complete crew change during a dry dock, many of the crew stay on board to help with the dry dock work 'above the water line'. We've met some crew that have been on the same ship for years, consequently through at least 1 or 2 dry docks.

Archived