Mexican drinks?? besides tequile and corona

cruisendude2001

I am not a tequila fan ( ok i liked i do like it sometimes) I don't really like corona i feel its not that authentic. I went to Culinary school and I am all about getting as "local as a feel" as possible is there a drink i should try? I know in St/ Lucia their local beer is Piton and i still have dreams about how awesome it is anythign like that. I don't know if this is mexican or not but I will never try Mamajuana again

For Beer -

Modelo (I like the Negra)

Dos XX

Pacifico is brewed in Mazatlan

Aguas fresca (not alcoholic) are very good & very authentic in daily culture.

Palmoa is also a pretty common alcoholic drink in Mexico.

I am not a tequila fan ( ok i liked i do like it sometimes) I don't really like corona i feel its not that authentic. I went to Culinary school and I am all about getting as "local as a feel" as possible is there a drink i should try? I know in St/ Lucia their local beer is Piton and i still have dreams about how awesome it is anythign like that. I don't know if this is Mexican or not but I will never try Mamajuana again

No one has mentioned a specific drink called PULQUE and it was enjoyed in Aztec times and is to this very day. It comes from the nectar collected from the center of a giant plant that looks like a cactus but it isn't a cactus. It is kind of milky colored alcohol and has an interesting flavor, too unique to describe. I have only had two shots and I prefer tequila.

Some of th finest beer in the world is produced in Mexico. Negro Modelo, Corona, Dos Equis just to name a couple mainstream. Indio is another good one, Barrillo is a pretty good beer and i think it is cheap.

Vodka is produced in Mexico and I must say it is pretty good stuff. Well that is all. I have traveled all over Mexico with friends over the years. And trust me it is all unique and all good even the mamawana.

I love a good Mechalada but there are a few variations. In most places, it is a chilled mug with a few ounces of fresh lime juice in the bottom. Add ice to fill the mug then fill with your favorite beer. I usually go with Sol or Negra Modela. It is typically served with a salted rim and a slice of lime. yummy. BUT- sometimes I end up with one that is made with Clamato instead of the lime juice. ugh.

Regular Michelada

A few drops of hot sauce, such as Valentina, Bufalo or McIlhenny's Tabasco sauce.

A few drops of Worcestershire sauce

A few drops of Maggi seasoning or soy sauce.

Squeeze a lime wedge (lemon would neither be strong nor sour enough).

Mix the ingredients in the glass.

Slowly add one 325 mL (12 Fl. oz.) CORONA

And for the Ultimate treat try a

Michelada Cubana

Clamato or spicey V8 / tomato juice 2 - 2 1/2 oz

A few drops of hot sauce, such as Valentina, Bufalo or McIlhenny's Tabasco sauce.

A few drops of Worcestershire sauce

A few drops of Maggi seasoning or soy sauce.

Squeeze a lime wedge

Mix the ingredients in the glass.

Slowly add one 325 mL (12 Fl. oz.) CORONA

Make sure the Corona is ICE COLD. Mix the ingredients into your beer and enjoy. It is really good.

Archived