Private boat rental in Tortola ??

Gypsyfeet

We are a party of 7 adults and 2 kids who we would like to hire a boat to bring us around to island snorkeling spots and have some time on Virgin Gorda.

Our ship is in port from 8am-3:30.

Anyone have any experience doing this? Or have any names of companies that offer this service? We've tried to contact a couple and they haven't returned any emails!:o

Thanks for any help!

I can recommend Kuralu and Captain Gary. We just returned from a 10 day cruise and our time with Gary was a highlight of our trip. (I have another post on this site) He can customize something for you and caters to adults and children alike. I don't know if he goes to Virgin Gorda, but there are several close islands and I think his boat is just the right size for your group. Here is his email....he is VERY responsive too. Hopefully he can help you out. "Gary Cottreau" <kuralu@gmail.com>

We were there on Jan 12th and rented a 24 sport fish out of Nanny Cay a short cab ride from the cruise ship pier, with Island Time bareboat.

The cost was $ 355.00 plus gas for the day and the boat could accommodate up to seven (we were four adults and one kid) Considering the great places we visited that no cruise ship tour could do, it was a bargain.

Best tour we did on our 9 day NCL Jewel cruise.

logo.jpg

http://www.islandtimeltd.com/

photo_rates.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andrea

I'm sailing with Capt Gary of kuralu, thanks to your recommendation. I was wondering ....how much did you tip him?? I have no idea what the appropriate amount is for a day long, private sailing excursion. :confused:

We hired the whole boat for a group of 8 adults and 2 kids.

Any suggestions?? Is $10pp too much? Too little??

Thanks for any help.

Archived