Roatan not on my intinerary?

beachbev

When in April are you going? I am booked on April 5 on the Legend. I can't get them either. So far, the itinerary still lists Roatan. Other posters have said that the contracts for some of the vendors have not be renewed yet. Keep checking. That's what I'm doing. If you are going on the 5th, join our roll call.

Just to calm some of your fears, I am sailing on the Spirit April 5 and La Paz won't come up on our shore excursions, so maybe marym933 is right and they are renewing contracts.

There's no civil unrest in La Paz so there would be no reason for us not to go there.

We are sailing on the Legend March 15th and Roatan will not come up for us either. I have read things about them changing back Costa Maya but there is nothing on the carnival site about changes. Hopefully they just haven't signed contracts yet because we want to go to Roatan.

i have a cruise booked for march 21st....when i try to book excursions for progresso it only comes up with 2...so i called carnival..she said with the new website they are behind loading all the excursions...just keep checking back everyday...and she also said if all else fails and it isnt on the before the 4 day time limit of sailing, book onboard...they seem to have that same answer for most questions these days..."just behind"....

oh, jeez. I'd be really disappointed to hear that, seeing as we switched cruiselines just to be able to handle the monkeys at Gumbalimba park! RCI doesn't offer a cruise to Roatan there when we could go. Well, I guess we'll make the best of whatever happens, but I sure do hope we get to go to Roatan!

We're on the Valor on March 15th. Roaton is still on the interary listed. I too heard that it was just a matter of signing the contracts with the vendors. I would be really disappointed if they do change the interary. We have a whole group of us really looking foward to Fin and Flippers.

We're going on the Legend in Feb and also do not have Roatan showing up on our excursions. I was interested in Coral Cay so I contacted the sales person there directly to see if we could do this on our own so I could book ahead of time.

She wrote back to me today stating that she just contacted Carnival and was told that due to itinerary changes (our cruise itinerary got changed around due to "congestion" in Port) and being behind on contracts they have not secured all contracts but this excursion is being offered and could be booked on the ship if it is not available on line prior to our Feb sailing.

But...just in case I have been checking out excursions in Costa Maya;)

We are booked for the Legend 2/22/09 and Roatan is still not offered. We have seen this a few times before. The excursions may be offered until a week or two before your sail date, or not until you are on the ship. This happened to us on our last cruise (December "08) for St. Thomas excusions. Once on the ship we booked online. Don't worry! :cool:

Just checked again, and we are still going to Roatan in June 2009!:)

Really looking forward to the 'new' port... Have already booked with an 'independent' vendor, but noticed that CCL is still offering excursions for our sailing...:D

ps: I'd be happy with a switch back to Costa Maya, as it is our favorite POC, but we like to try new things, as well...:p

I hope you get to go there because it's beautiful.

2 things to do while there:

Fins and Flippers resort, http://finsandflippers.com/en/index.html

and

Roatan LCDH (La Casa del Habano) cigars! :D

So it's true! There is a LCDH there now! We were there in December and heard there was one but did not find it. Partly because the weather was not the best in the morning and we spent all of our time at the beach. So we really did not look to hard.

Now we will have to go back! I love Roatan. I hope to spend more time there someday.

Archived