How to determine if a TA is reputable?

linkinsama

Aside from the obvious, checking with BBB.

If I understand correctly you can't mention TAs by name on here, so where to you got to find out if they're good? I'm getting quotes right now thru a site that lets TAs compete for the best quote but don't know how to evaluate the TAs themselves!

At the top of this page.. where the people are waving.. click the link that reads "Cruise Agencies".. these are the most popular online agencies.. that probably most of us have used at one time or another..

I would say by recommendation.. but you can not on here.. go to other cruise chat sites.. most of the others they can be named..

Good Luck

Could you not ask who people use?

Open a junk email account so it doesnt spam your real email account. Post your email and ask people email you if you have a great travel agent that they use.

That against the rules?

Make sure they are members of CLIA. Also find out where they rate with Cruise Lines. Certain agencies are recognized as top partners with some of the Cruise Lines. Also look at how long the agency has been around. Hope this helps...

well I'm getting quotes from lots of agents. Once I get the best quote I'd like to check them out a bit. I'll try the link below the waving people (thanks for that!), does anyone have any other suggestions?

I have used that site as well. I am very happy with the agent I found.

First...I did read the reviews that the site has...not sure how accurate they are but I read them none the less.

Second - I called a couple and assesed their response

Third - some of them did not quote exactly what i wanted...i.e. they gave me gty rates when i wanted to select a cabin....I wrote in the "notes" section some specific info and if they sent me a 'canned" response they were low on my list

Fourth - the agency I chose is also a partner of my credit card...which is selective....and I was able to check through my CC website to verify AND earn double points by using said card when I paid which helped pay for my flights with points

Make sure you know what they are quoting you....cabin categories for example...and then when i did call i verified that there was no booking fee, asked how they handled price drops and if there was any change fee etc.

GOOD LUCK!

Aside from the obvious, checking with BBB.

If I understand correctly you can't mention TAs by name on here, so where to you got to find out if they're good? I'm getting quotes right now thru a site that lets TAs compete for the best quote but don't know how to evaluate the TAs themselves!

BBB membership would be the last thing I would be concerned of. Check out important credentials such as member of CLIA, ASTA, or various cruise consortiums they belong to. Also looking over all of their policies regarding cancellation or change fees they may charge..... how knowledgeable are they of cruising...are they accesible by phone or email easily....how long have they been in business..... do they return calls or emails promptly......are they willing to help you from start to finish and follow up after you return from your cruise......are they qualifying you for a cruise that meets your likes and dislikes....just a few things I look at before handing over that c.card ! Many times frieds and family are your best source for TA selection based on their experiences..... Remember that PRICE should not be the final determining factor in whoever you choose for any vacation package purchase !

Archived