Pre-cruise Injury...help boarding

CalChris

Just got back from the ER with my girlfriend, she twisted her ankle carrying her nephew down a couple steps. Good news and bad news. Bad news it that she broke her ankle. The good news is that she only has to have a splint and can walk on it as soon as the swelling goes down.

She leaves on the Carnival Spirit on Wednesday (2 days from now). Will Carnival allow her to board early and help with bags, etc? She is going with her family and I won't be there, so I'm trying to do as much as I can to help.

Thanks for any help and we'll be calling our TA tomorrow also.

Chris

Call Carnival immediately and make them aware of the situation and ask that she have a wheel chair available for boarding/debarkation. This will help speed her through checkin/debarkation. My mother has problems standing for extended periods and has never had a problem with this.

This happened to my friend on our last cruise only on a larger scale (surgery, pins, etc..) We were travelling together and immediately asked for a wheelchair for him. It all went very smoothly although it actually seemed like it took longer at Miamis terminal to get up to the upper level because they were not allowing the elevator to be used. We waited about 15 minutes for some reason and then they allowed us to take the elevator up. On ship we had a wheelchair outside of the room. It was taken a few times during the trip so if you need it best to "try" to find room in the cabin. There was no room in this cabin as my friend had a family of four already inside! All in all the whole trip went well even got him on all the beaches and tours! Good luck - even when not feeling well a vacation is still a vacation - Have fun!

Archived