aqua boats/sccoter in Grand Cayman

llund

I read somewhere that there are aqua boat tours in Grand Cayman, but I cannot find where. These are small 2 person boats. Has anybody done this in Grand Cayman. Also, has anybody rented a scooter? If so, where and is it hard to get around on the scooter?

The Aquaboats are fantastic! My wife & I agreed that this was probably the best chioce we had ever made. The trick is keeping them in the water, as they tend to go airborne! One guide takes the lead, another the rear, and you go all over. It's full throttle once you get past the ships (the Captians don't like you getting too close!). The snorkling spots were great, one just off 7-mile beach, and one over a shipwreck. One thing to remember...it's a little tricky getting back in the boat. As my wife said, "ladies, there is no graceful way to do this!"

We booked this trip through Royal Caribbean, but I would think others would offer it also. If not, we met the guides at the little pavillion at the south pier. It was simply labeled "Aquaboats", and, at the time, was guided by a young man from Australia, and a young woman from the U.K.

I thought I looked at all the excursions and for some reason I missed it! It is on the excursion list but there is a waitlist. They won't take my reservation. I now need to look to see if there is a private company that does this excursion. Thanks Stranger1 for letting me know.

Last year, we rented a scooter. There were plenty available. There was a vendor about a block from the Hard Rock Cafe, not too far from where the tenders dock. I don't recall the prices though. Be sure to take your driver's license and a credit card if you plan to rent. Two can ride on one.

Donna

Archived