Is Mariner of Seas really that rocky?

My family of 4 stayed in an AFT balcony cabin (our favorite!) on Mariner in August. Hurricane Charley hit FLA while we were on this cruise. There was NO rocking to speak of at all. In fact, at times we had to remind ourselves we were on a cruise!

My husband had gotten very seasick on some past cruises due to having serious motion sickness. We both bought the electronic vibrating bands and they work GREAT! You have NO side effects since there are no drugs - no swelling of ankles, or drowsiness, etc. Also you can put them on WHEN you start to feel sick so there is no need to premedicate when in fact you may not get sick at all.

We did not have to use our bands at all on the Mariner sailing. However, last September on the Serenade to Canada it was VERY rocky to the point it was difficult to walk at times due to the hurricane that hit Halifax the day after we were in port there. NO seasickness at all with our electronic bands. It was wonderful!

You can order the bands on-line at most drugstores. They are expensive to invest in. But if you get seasick and you are going to be cruising it is definitely worth the investment IMHO!

Just don't wait until you feel sick to take Bonine. We took bonine each nite.....don't know if we needed it or not but better safe than sorry!
That's the reason I start every morning on the ship with a Bloody Mary. I'm not sure if I'll need it, but better safe than sorry! :)

We were on Mariner last Feb. and yes it was rocking more so than other ships I have been on. When we were on Voyager you didn't feel a thing. Since both these ships are pretty much the same I blamed it on the fact that it was the Eastern Carb. instead of the Western.

Thanks again for all of the comments.

I will be in the aft....we have a Royal Family Suite aft cabin....8394 is the cabin number. And, we will be on the Western route....

MGoBlue2: I'm like you....to prevent sea sickness....I drink more alcohol. Works for me every time!

My countdown is over....I head to the airport at 4:00 a.m. tomorrow morning! Whoo Hoo!

Archived