Snorkeling Recommendation Please (PB Tom?)

Sea Cucumber

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]Hello,[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]I have been trying to decide between a horseback trip to the Mayan ruins or the hideaway power boat trip but have decided against the horses as I read that they are not terribly well cared for and can be vicious (bite & kick marks simply don't do anything to enhance a tan), as for the power boats - they sound fun but seem pricey for just an hour at the beach. [/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]So I am rethinking our day in Cozumel, we are experienced snorkelers (is that a real word - maybe only after a few of the pineapple drinks I am learning about on this board), we used to live in Eilat, Israel where the coral reef is spectacular and snorkeled often. Am leaning towards doing some snorkeling, relaxing at PB and a (very)little shopping. We are foodies, so will need a scrumptious (and probably indulgent) lunch too.[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]Am wondering about the snorkeling at PB Tom? Or would it be worth doing a specific trip for that before coming to your haven to veg out while watching others fall from the iceberg? If so which of the trips are worth considering?[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]We will be there on the December 15th from 10am - 7pm.[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]Thanks to anyone who has anything to say![/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff][/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]Oh and did I mention how excited we are - first time cruisers and way too excited to be made to wait![/color][/font]

I would recommend Eagle Ray Divers ([url="http://www.eagleraydivers.com"]www.eagleraydivers.com[/url]). We took the three reef w/ lunch trip in October of 2003 and will be going again this January. They are very accomodating of our group (ranging from age 8 to 70) and we all had a blast. Raul was our guide, and he pointed out all the fish and coral, showed us pictures in a book, and kept an eye on our eight year old daughter and 70 year old dad. He also rescued my wife's bracelet that fell off and went to the bottom. He even managed to help a few from another LARGE tour group that were having difficulties (no one from their group noticed).

Afterwards, we pulled up to the dock of a beach bar/restaraunt. Nothing fancy for lunch (club sandwich, fajitas, etc), but it was a great view and Raul acted as waiter, etc. to make sure we had what we needed. I think others on the board will agree that they are a top notch outfit.

They are at the marina, which is a 10 minute taxi ride from the pier. Drop an e-mail to Chellie. I'm sure they can work out something that will fit in your schedule.

Good luck!

Todd

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]Thanks Todd & Lou,[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]I intend to take a good look at their website after work later today. Thanks so much for the info - I love the possibility that we may be the only couple or at least in a small group with our own guide.:D .[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]Bye for now.[/color][/font]

Chellie, Antonio, and the rest of the crew at Eagle Ray Divers gave our group of 9 snorkelers and divers a real treat. You cannot go wrong with ERD. The snorkelers saw some exotic creatures and the divers had a great time as well. My wife and I were diving for the first time, virgins, as I recall, and Antonio was great at quelling any fears of the deep my wife had. The price was a lot better than booking in the ship. Check out their web site and send them an email. They'll accomidate any ship's schedule.

You cant go wrong with them,,,,they are so nice and helpful,,all of them,,,Chellie treats you like a long lost relative, she is soooo nice and they are sooo accommodating,,,,

I will miss not seeing them on our trip next week, but MIL had knee surgery, and wont be able to climb up their ladders anymore,,,, :(

Archived