Excursion Ideas for Cozumel

Jaclyn123

A groupf of 7 of my friends (23-25) are going on this cruise in May. This is our first cruise and I was hoping to get some good ideas that are fun and possibly cheaper than what the cruise line is offering.

Does anyone have any ideas for younger people to enjoy their time on the island? We would like to do something all inclusive with drinks, food isn't necessarily a priority since we can just find a place to eat where ever.

We did the Dune Buggy tour that included all kinds of drinks, snorkeling, beach and lunch, and of course driving those awesome dune buggies through the jungle!! It was a blast and cost $89 pp all incusive. I will guarantee that people your age will LOVE it. One thing, though, whomever is driving will need to know how to drive stick!

It's a blast!!

We have enjoyed our tours with Fury http://furycozumel.com/ and the Tucan www.cozumelsailing.com . Both are snorkel excursions. Fury is $53 and is about 4 hours long, 2 snorkel stops, lunch on the beach and all you can drink on the boat, very much a party atmosphere.

The Tucan is $70-80 and is an all day sail. One or two snorkel stops, awesome food, time on Isla de pasion (Passion Island) and spinnaker sail ride if the wind conditions are right. You leave from the marina on the northern part of the island at 9:00, 8:30 check in and return about 4:00 pm. The time schedule does not work for all ships.

video of a spinnaker ride.

You can also get a taxi van and tour the island, stop at many of the less crowded beaches on the south and east side of the island. See the Mayan ruins at San Gervasio, stop at Coconuts, or one of the other beach bars for drinks and snacks or lunch.

My kids aged 24,21 and 17 did the ATV excursion from the Freedom. Lunch was included and soft drinks, obviously non alocoholic due to drinking. They thoroughly enjoyed it and said it was the best excursion they had done. My husband and I did the FUry Catamaran, which was sailing for 20 mins, snorkelling for 40, sailing for 10, beach for approx. 1 hour and then sail back to the pier. Free drinks (margaritas, beer) all the time after snorkelling. On sail back from the beach, party atmosphere.

Archived