Timing of Price Changes?

kgrassel

Does anyone know if there is a pattern to price changes? That is, are changes always done on a certain day of the week or a certain time of day? As always, I will be stalking the website for price drops on my upcoming Liberty cruise, checking multiple times daily. Or do I just need to check every Whateverday after whatever time?

i think the price changes according to how well the sailing is selling- if a cabin cat. is selling well the price goes up- if by a certain time the cabin cat is not selling , that price may go down or be on a sales event special for new bookings only- we wanted to book fos sept 20- kept holding off as i could nt make up my mind- then all of a sudden the e2's were sold out.............then the e1's went up in price...............then the e1's went up again in price.......................now we are looking at other options........lol

Am thinking about Explorer OS for Feb 14, 2010.

(Decision to book will rest on outcome of medical review - due within 45 days)

Have been tracking prices on the 'Net and noticed that Jr Suite prices have increased $200.00 during the "wave" season for this particular voyage. We are inclined to select our cabin based on location... have never booked a "GTY" based cabin.

We have never sailed RCCI, but read more positive than negative.

I guess my question is the price increase a steady upward movement or is there hope that the prices will change downward?

I understand the economic impact of cabin utilization (read "booked") but I guess that seeing the price increase this far out is surprising to me.

I hope all this makes sense.

BTW, I am posting my question here because there is a high degree of civility in this RCCI forum as opposed to other forums/threads on the site.

anything can happen = sounds like the sailing is selling- but if ppl cancel at final payment then the price could come down again- its really a crap shoot and hard to know what to do- if cabin location is important to you, then book the cabin you want and watch the prices- if by final payment the price is more than you want to pay.....just cancel-

Archived