White Pass Excursion question

tulips*n*truffles

Hi all!

I've booked the 3.5 hour White Pass Scenic Railway excursion for my cruise in mid-June. Since it's not the full-day trip that combines with the Yukon Expedition, does the train turn around somewhere? Or just go the other direction back down? How does that work exactly? Also, are we missing the boat entirely by not doing the combined Yukon/White Pass excursion? And why...? Benefits of either?

Thanks so much!

they get to the top...pull off to the side. the other train (doing the full trip) goes by. you flip the seats over...to face the other direction and come down the hill

we were the 1st train (NCL), followed by the other trains for the other cruiselines and then the train that goes ALL the way.

we enjoyed the 3.5 hr tour...the views were great and we didn't feel a longer tour.

Hello! What was the outcome of your travel agent's calls to Princess? Were you able to get the sale price on the balcony or mini-suite?

For the sake of variety - I would recommend doing a rail/bus excursion to Fraser, BC rather than the roundtrip train to the summit. If you have the time, I think going even farther is better. The benefit of doing the longer tour is seeing more beautiful scenery.

For my first visit to Skagway in 2007, I originally booked the 3.5-hour rail/bus excursion through Chilkoot Charters (http://www.skagwaysbesttour.com/). I later decided to go as far into the Yukon as possible since we had enough time in port, so I switched to the 9-hour rail/bus tour to Carcross. We ended up doing the 7-hour rail/bus excursion to the Yukon due to some washed out train tracks, but it was great.

Archived