Haircare on Ventura

gwentman

It may be trivial to some, but we are on Ventura shortly, and my wife, who has long thick hair, is worried about hair care facilities.

Does anyone who has been on board know:

1. If the shower head in a standard cabin can be removed from its mount for hairwashing purposes or

2. What is the cost of hairwashing and drying on the ship (money is getting tight at present!).

Many thanks.

Hi gwentman

I'm not sure but I think the shower head can be taken off the housing. We never tried to so can't be sure but it did look like it could. As the cost of the hair salon I don't know as my wife and I didn't take advantage of it.

Eddie

I haven't been on Ventura yet so can't comment on the shower heads but usually I managed to wash my hair (also long and thick) in the shower as on most ships the head is on a hose and therefore detatchable from the wall mounting. Failing that I wash it in the basin, not much room so mind your elbows ! I do take my own hairdryer as the ones in the cabin are not very powerful and it can take age to dry long hair. Never use ships salons, far too expensive

Not only can the shower heads be removed, most of them already have been, along with the bath robes, taps, toilet paper, soap, and other fixtures and fittings.

The cost is impossible to quantify as the last hairdresser was cast adrift in a small boat by 300 drink-crazed chavs, and has never been seen again.

Anyway, why she would want to wash her hair in the first place. It's only a cruise for God's sake - if she pulls her hair back tight in the approved "Croydon face lift" style and sticks her Burberry baseball cap on top, nobody's going to notice the difference.

Most of this advice is probably surplus to requirements, however, as she is unlikely to survive on Ventura long enough to need it:(.

Sir Martin:cool:

Not only can the shower heads be removed, most of them already have been, along with the bath robes, taps, toilet paper, soap, and other fixtures and fittings.

The cost is impossible to quantify as the last hairdresser was cast adrift in a small boat by 300 drink-crazed chavs, and has never been seen again.

Anyway, why she would want to wash her hair in the first place. It's only a cruise for God's sake - if she pulls her hair back tight in the approved "Croydon face lift" style and sticks her Burberry baseball cap on top, nobody's going to notice the difference.

Most of this advice is probably surplus to requirements, however, as she is unlikely to survive on Ventura long enough to need it:(.

:D:D:D

Don't know why I am laughing, we are on Ventura in a couple of weeks.

Suppose if we get really fed up we can always do a bit of shoplifting in the on board shops Nothing heavy, just some booze ciggies, and smelly for the 'old girl'

Cb

So I assume you stripped the ship of all bits not nailed down and have these now on sale on eBay, correct?

People, beware of this cat's schemes!!! Likely the story about chav-fest was simply diversionary cover for the cat's mercenary plans to plunder all fixtures from this lovely ship.

So I assume you stripped the ship of all bits not nailed down and have these now on sale on eBay, correct?

People, beware of this cat's schemes!!! Likely the story about chav-fest was simply diversionary cover for the cat's mercenary plans to plunder all fixtures from this lovely ship.

Moi?

See what we can do if we have any time left after nicking the engine.

Regards

Cb

Sir, you really have no idea what you are getting in bed with! Best keep an eye on your bank balance should you engage any further in commercial enterprises with this charlatan! Many of us in fact suspect Sir M was instrumental in selling QE2 to Dubai (apparently in exchange for the funnel referred to above).

And without engines, any guess as to whether that barge will sail any slower?:eek:

Sorry for the spelling mistake Sir Martin I meant "hello"........ at least l live only 20 minutes or so from beautiful "hilly countryside" unlike you

Jane

Hello Jane,

I have to say that Newport is not my favourite place (unless you're a golfer waiting for 2010!) but I live in the Wye Valley and there are few more beautiful places in the UK. Sir Martin should visit some time!

G

Hello Jane,

I have to say that Newport is not my favourite place (unless you're a golfer waiting for 2010!) but I live in the Wye Valley and there are few more beautiful places in the UK. Sir Martin should visit some time!

G

Couldn't agree with you more; I know the area well. Sorry about Sir M...

Mary (staff to Sir Martin)

Gwentman - £43 for a cut and blow :eek::eek: (but they do offer half specials on certain things on port days)

I managed fine and dandy with the shower - anyone would at that price!!

Have a great cruise!

Jenni

Jenni - thanks for the (only sensible!) information. I think Sue will have to make do with her own hairdryer at those rates!

We are a little apprehensive about the Ventura - see another thread - but she's the only ship doing this relocation that we could get on. I expect we'll enjoy it - we've never not enjoyed a cruise.

Thanks to all.

Archived