Trying to decide between AI day passes...

waterloogirl

Hello everyone,

We are a party of four sailing on Celebrity Century 02/14 and are looking to book our own AI day pass and cannot decide between the two Sandals resorts, Couples SS or RIU.

Which of the Sandals is best?

How far to each resort by cab?

Of the four, which would you choose?

I've searched and searched and see varied opinions....

Thanks everyone in advance!!

I have been having difficulty trying to decide for myself what I am going to do in Jamaica when we are there in October.

As a first time cruiser I am very nervous about Jamaica. I remember my Dad telling me stories of Jamaica (he was a boat captain) so I am nervous of crime, drugs, and being taken advantage of by locals.

So, staying on the ship just isn't an option for us because we need to form our own opinions, but I thought an AI resort might be a good way to get off the ship and yet feel safe.

For transportation purposes, I most likely will book through RCCL. Sandals website has NO information about day passes that I can find and my shore excursions are not listed for my cruise.

I have tried to research them all and I think I like Sandals the best. It is for adults only and has nice ammenities. Plus, I think the name recognition makes me more comfortable vs. the other resorts.

I'd love to see some pictures if available. For some reason, people don't like to post pics here. I know that over on another travel board that I visit, people look for any excuse to post a picture or 10!

Also, Sandals forbids tipping on top of the paid fare. So, a truly cashless option sure sounds appealing.

RIU would probably be a second choice for me, but again, no information on day passes on the website, but it's nice and new and sure does look pretty!

Hello everyone,

We are a party of four sailing on Celebrity Century 02/14 and are looking to book our own AI day pass and cannot decide between the two Sandals resorts, Couples SS or RIU.

Which of the Sandals is best?

How far to each resort by cab?

Of the four, which would you choose?

I've searched and searched and see varied opinions....

Thanks everyone in advance!!

Riu is the largest -- about twice as many rooms as the others. Also, they accept families so expect kids if that matters.

Riu and Sandals Dunns River are right next to each other. About 15 minutes depending on traffic from the pier. The others are closer.

Of the two Sandals, Dunns River definitely has the better beach. But Sandals Ocho Rios has great pools.

I believe the Couples resort is still closed for the renovation. Good beach and they do have an au-natural beach on the private island if that interests you.

If it was me I'd rank them:

Sandals Dunns River

Sandals Ocho Rios

Couples (if it's open)

Riu

Archived