Bonaire tour of the island

asnow815

We visited Bonaire on March 9 and took a wonderful tour with Hans Voerman. (hansoutdoor@hotmail.com) We chose the 4 hour tour which covered the entire island for a flat $216 whether you had 1, 2, 3 or 4 passengers. One word of caution - his truck is not real big so you have to be real friendly with 3 in the back seat. Two or three would be perfect.

Hans was most professional and really gives a local's view of the island, what it has been and where it is going. More than just a guide, he is a historian as well as a naturalist. We stopped several times to view special little bits of nature which he explained in detail.

If you are not going the beach I would highly recommend Hans. He also does more strenuous and varied tours such as kayaking in the mangroves, caving & hiking so you could customize you day as you wish.

We visited Bonaire on March 9 and took a wonderful tour with Hans Voerman. (hansoutdoor@hotmail.com) We chose the 4 hour tour which covered the entire island for a flat $216 whether you had 1, 2, 3 or 4 passengers. One word of caution - his truck is not real big so you have to be real friendly with 3 in the back seat. Two or three would be perfect.

Hans was most professional and really gives a local's view of the island, what it has been and where it is going. More than just a guide, he is a historian as well as a naturalist. We stopped several times to view special little bits of nature which he explained in detail.

If you are not going the beach I would highly recommend Hans. He also does more strenuous and varied tours such as kayaking in the mangroves, caving & hiking so you could customize you day as you wish.

This is great information. Can you tell me how far in advance you were able to book with Hans? I'm thinking we will do the 4-hour tour, paying the $216 for the 2 of us.

Thanks, 65Cardinal!

tt

• 4 months later...

Hi Casey2

After much searching I think I found an e.mail address for Farid I sent him a message to pre book but have not heard back yet so fingers crossed!

taxi7_farid@yahoo.com

there is an underscore between taxi7 and farid that does not show up when it underlines itself!!

Good luck ?? when do you go and on what ship --we are on the Caribbean Princess in Nov --in Bonaire on the 24th

• 1 year later...

On a recent port call we used Bonaire Vista Tours and had an unbelieveable tour. Was supposed to last 3 hours for $25 but when we didn't see the flamingo's from the salt flats, Brian drove us "east" out of his way for the scheduled tour and we saw a large flock. Entire tour lasted 4 and 1/2 hours at no additional charge. I would definitely contact them in advance.

• 2 years later...