Bonaire tour of the island

asnow815

Just a suggestion. We walked outside of the gates and were walking into town when we saw some 3 wheel vehicles (2 people). There were 8 of us and we drove them around the southern part of the island and into town later. We had a blast! On our tour around, we stopped at the Tiki Hut which was a restaurant and a beach. If we'd planned and brought our suits and more time, we could have gone swimming. Would do this again. If we ever return to Bonaire, we WILL do it.

That sounds like fun. How much did that cost?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We had booked the landsailing in Bonaire, but it was cancelled due to a death in the family of the owners.

So we found a taxi service and used Ayubi's Tours and Taxi Service at the dock. This man was so entertaining and so reasonable that I could not recommend him more. His van was clean and he took such pride in the island. For $25 he took us to see the flamingo's and the 1000 steps and a few other locations. He sang and entertained the entire time. He can be reached at taxi7_farid@yahoo.com

Edited by shamrockarse

We had booked the landsailing in Bonaire, but it was cancelled due to a death in the family of the owners.

So we found a taxi service and used Ayubi's Tours and Taxi Service at the dock. This man was so entertaining and so reasonable that I could not recommend him more. His van was clean and he took such pride in the island. For $25 he took us to see the flamingo's and the 1000 steps and a few other locations. He sang and entertained the entire time. He can be reached at taxi7_farid@yahoo.com

hi - i haven't had any lcuk with a response - was he quick to respond or maybe probelms with hurricane thomas?? i am hoping he responds this week as his tour sounds great.

hi,

i cannot seem to get a response and keen to book a tour as we leave next week . perhaps it is the hurricane? anyone else had any luck with a response?

K

• 1 month later...

We just returned from a 10-day Princess cruise that included Bonaire. We were lucky to come upon Farid and his wife Susy. They have 2 12-passenger yellow vans - air conditioned and comfortable. As others have said, Farid was very entertaining. There really isn't a whole lot to see on the Island, but Farid made the trip so enjoyable. We did get to see wild donkeys, goats and those big lizards. At one of our stops he called to the smaller lizards and they came in droves for a bite of a banana. I even got an aloe treatment - I had no idea he was going to put it on my hair - great conditioner! He charged $25.00 for about a 2-hour tour of the north side of the island. Just look for the bright yellow vans when you get off the ship. His card says Ayubi's Tours and Taxi Service. e-mail is taxi7_farid@yahoo.com. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We were in Bonaire at the beginning of February and had a most enjoyable 4 hour tour with Hans (www.outdoorbonaire.com). He tailored the tour to suit our preferences so we started by going south to the salt works where we saw a flock of flamingoes flying directly towards us. Hans stopped at many vantage points as we continued on past Lac Bay and Sorobon beach. We stopped at Gotomeer, a landlocked saltwater lake and followed Kominda Goto – a narrow road that follows the shore of the lake – a most interesting drive. Hans has a comfortable air-conditioned 4-wheel drive pickup and drove on many minor roads through bush type countryside so we really felt that we had seen all the different aspects of Bonaire. He answered all our questions about life on the island and we would recommend him to everyone.

Janet and Dave

DW & I just back from Princess Cruise that stopped at Bonaire on 2/17/11. I did some internet search's for tours on Bonaire & I had emailed Sue Felix @ Achie Tours. (email achietoursbonaire@yahoo.com) and we had the best guided tour of the 5 islands we visited.

Sue moved from PA & married a local on Bonaire 39 yr ago, and has lived there / working in island tours ever since. We felt like she knew everyone (population around 14,000) and everything anyone would want to know about the island. She made our stop a most enjoyable one.

Achie Tours do not have a web site, but if you email her, she is quick to respond. She is all about promoting Bonaire. If she does not offer the tour you want, just ask her who she might recommend. If you don't know what you want to do / see, just ask her what she would recommend.

She is such a lovely woman that I expect you can not go wrong. She made us feel more like family on out tour. I can not say enough good about her & our tour.

Their prices were very reasonable as well.

Terry & Jean / Ohio

Even though we won't be sailing until November, I am one of those plan-ahead geeks when it comes to ensuring a good independent tour in a port of call. Both Hans and Sue sound like great possibilities.

I understand Hans will not take reservations more than 30 days in advance. Terry/Jean, will Sue book in advance? I'll also be sure to ask her about "landsailing" as I have yet to find anyone on the CC Boards who has done this.

So, again, many thanks for reporting back on your experiences. It certainly is of help to me -- and other CC'ers, I'm sure, as well! :)

Edited by 2tsquared

I have NO idea of Sue's advance booking policy, as we booked about a week before our cruise. We also, did not see any land sailing on our tour, but to be honest we weren't looking for it.

I would suggest you email Sue and ask her any questions you might have with reference to her booking policies, and if she has landsailing or can tell you who does. The same goes for snorkeling / scooba diving which are also popular off Bonaire from what I understand as they have reefs all around the island.

Even though we won't be sailing until November, I am one of those plan-ahead geeks when it comes to ensuring a good independent tour in a port of call. Both Hans and Sue sound like great possibilities.

I understand Hans will not take reservations more than 30 days in advance. Terry/Jean, will Sue book in advance? I'll also be sure to ask her about "landsailing" as I have yet to find anyone on the CC Boards who has done this.

So, again, many thanks for reporting back on your experiences. It certainly is of help to me -- and other CC'ers, I'm sure, as well! :)

We booked Hans in November for our trip in February and there didn't seem to be any problem with booking in advance.

Janet