Coyaba Gardens Ocho Rios

Bridgeplayer@sea

We were there in November on a tour. From what I remember the drive was through hilly terrain. I would not walk there on my own based on the neighborhoods we drove through. There were many people loitering about and, as you may have read on these boards, some Jamaicans are very aggressive in their approaches to tourists. However, we enjoyed Jamaica - it is a very beautiful island. Be safe.

We did a combined tour of Coyaba Gardens and Dunn's River Falls. Coyaba Gardens may look close to the port but I agree that it would be a very hilly walk and not very comfortable. Coyaba Gardens is beautiful. My pictures are so gorgeous from our trip there.

Many years ago we did the Shaw Park Gardens tour that was combined with the Dunn's River Falls tour. We also drove through Fern Gully. All were magnificent. The Shaw Park Garden was very beautiful and we had an excellent guide who was very informative. Fern Gully was interesting, but we never got off the bus. The Dunn's River Fall tour was okay, it was on a Sunday, so all the locals were out there too and it was very crowded.

All in all, I'd make sure that you took an organized tour. As mentioned before, some Jamaicans can be very aggressive and the tour guides definitely help in keeping things orderly.

Hi it looks like Coyaba Gardens is only a mile from the cruise port. It looks like a nice walk, was wondering if it is a walkable and has anyone done it. Shaw Gardens is down the road was wondering about that also. Thanks Bill

No, I would NOT recommend walking and to do your tours with a guide. A mile in Jamaica is not your typical stroll. Shaw Park Garden is nice to see but Coyaba Garden is a much better experience. With a guide you will be able to enjoy both. It's beautiful botanical garden with a splendid waterfall. You will go at your own pace with a personal guide. Most Jamaicans are quite charming and friendly but not necessarily the ones in the tourist zone. The kool ones are in my hometown:D

My pics of Coyaba

DSCF3713.jpg.d47f16b089abaa7eb38450301d274bda.jpg

DSCF3714.jpg.c025e7fd459b3ddcb25c20cb94dbd274.jpg

DSCF3730.jpg.4aceced756783fa1265eb6d1e036c42e.jpg

1189263910_DSCF3720(2).jpg.3e26e1eac73e57bfcc7b778f109c9bd4.jpg

Archived