$1.00 Store

Atty

A few of our favorites:

1. Crossword puzzle/Word Search books (these can run $4-$5 in the airport's magazine stores)
  2. Movie-size snacks for plane such as Twizzlers or Goobers, 8-pks of M&M's, Butterfinger's, etc. I always get the munchies while waiting in the airport and these can cost upwards of $3 each.
  3. Cheapo umbrellas -if lost or broken it doesn't hurt my feelings paying only $1.
  4. Scrunchies - it's amazing how hard it is to find these onboard.:eek:

Kathy.......NOPE.......but with 1.00 decor you don't have to remove it....let the steward trash it or keep it....who cares...it's just a buck!!! And YUP, you have to decor on the PB reunion cruise!!

awwwwwwwww....gee,do I HAFTA?:((thought you were doing it for me):p

I agree about the idea of the pill box for earrings........Im gonna do just that!

Mine may be a little over the top, but found it helpful last year. There are ports we like to snorkel in the morning and then spend the rest of the day shopping without going back to the ship. Carrying those big RCI towels around is a problem and when they are wet even more so (even in a backpack). So, we bought some cheap, cheap towels and took with us. Used them for snorkeling and then just left them.

A seven day pill case to hold my necklaces and earrings. A few small bags of chips for my carry-on, a few leis for the sail-away and baggies to hold items that may leak. :)

OTE ... bring a couple extra leis for us ... lol

mj

I thought one cruises during Christmas time to escape having to decorate..;);)

Not always. In 2007 my DH took me on a 15 day cruise to Hawaii over Christmas and New Years. We took a mimi tree, lights and music. The cabin looked great and the steward really seemed to enjoy it as well. We got the best of both worlds, the holidays and the peace and enjoyment of a cruise.

This year we will be sailing on the GOS for Mother's Day after going to the Daytona 500 for Valentine's Day. We need more holidays or more money!!

Dollar store rain ponchos are a must. If they don't get used, just have them for the next one. But here is the biggie that we just learned on this last one.....we can never find any foil to take anything off the buffet back to the room...this last time at the dollar store we found a package of 4 round take away foil containers with lids for a dollar! They are great if you want to take food back to the cabin or food or fruit into port with you! We also used them to put our choc strawberries in the fridge to eat later when we could not eat the whole plate at once! (A bon Voyage gift!)

Great ideas. I pick up packets of toilet seat covers. Getting ready for Disney cruise, with laundry room available and taking grandkids, I picked up a few collapsible hampers. I was wondering about flameless candles? I haven't seen any yet, but think they would be nice to take.

Archived