Canceling and rebooking

beach410

With almost 6 months out, can I cancel my cruise without penalty and rebook for a different room with the lower price? The reason I ask is that the TA says I still will not get the new published advanced rates because my previous booking is registered and its only for new bookings.

With almost 6 months out, can I cancel my cruise without penalty and rebook for a different room with the lower price? The reason I ask is that the TA says I still will not get the new published advanced rates because my previous booking is registered and its only for new bookings.

Does your TA charge a cancellation fee? I was able to get the new Early Saver price applied to my Miracle booking with no problem at all. I'd check the fine print in your contract with your TA. Call back and tell her that you would like a 3 way call with Carnival because other people are having no problem making the switch. Good luck :)

BTW I wouldn't have known that this was totally possible if a PVP hadn't told me to have my TA refare the cruise to the new rates. There are several others on here that are getting their exsiting cruises refared under the new program. A headache for ta's I'm sure but it's your money so I'd fight for it.

Check to make sure your TA does not charge a cancellation fee. If they do, it might not make sense rebooking. On our cruise starting tomorrow, we originally booked in October, canceled in November, then rebooked in January. Net savings for us was +$1500

You need a new TA. Carnival will let you switch to the new rate without penalty. Before doing it make sure that you understand the cancellation rules.

Your TA doesn't want to do it because he/she is going to lose commission. Tell them to either make the change or cancel and go to an new TA. Even if they charge a cancellation fee you need someone who will not lie to you.

If you are already booked you will not get new booking prices....

Your TA is correct........

.....but what is a penneth?

:confused:

wasiii

Here you go:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=two-penneth

two-penneth

Oldish English saying.

When someone gives you his thoughts and views or opinion on what you should do about a situation or dilemma. It suggests that the opinion may not be worth much, but might nevertheless help you in your decision making.

Well that's my two-penneth - take it or leave it!

If you are already booked you will not get new booking prices....

Your TA is correct........

That is correct, BUT the OP wants to switch to the new SuperSaver rate and those are not just for new bookings, anyone can switch to that fare at any time prior to the deadlines. As we all know other special fares often do have new booking only limitations.

Does your TA charge a cancellation fee? I was able to get the new Early Saver price applied to my Miracle booking with no problem at all. I'd check the fine print in your contract with your TA. Call back and tell her that you would like a 3 way call with Carnival because other people are having no problem making the switch. Good luck :)

BTW I wouldn't have known that this was totally possible if a PVP hadn't told me to have my TA refare the cruise to the new rates. There are several others on here that are getting their exsiting cruises refared under the new program. A headache for ta's I'm sure but it's your money so I'd fight for it.

I got credit for my upcoming May cruise at the lower rate. I just called my PVP and asked for it. I even kept my same rooms (there are 4 rooms altogether). Keep in mind the Early Saver is "no refund" so you need to be sure you are going (and probably buy insurance just in case...)

Have fun!

Whenever I call Carnival to INQUIRE about prices, I use my cell phone and my maiden name! WhenI book for the whole family, I go with the best price, online or PVP and of course use the names on my passport!

Thanks for all of your input. I did get an email back from her and she said that she argued with Carnival for an hour (yeah, right!), and that we can do it with these conditons:

you cannot

1. change names

2. transfer the booking

3. you forfeit your deposit if you cancel

4. you will lose your onboard credit (she was offering $50 per cabin plus a bottle of wine)

Its a group booking and I am not saving myself any money, just my family, but still feel obligated to offer this to them as I organized everything, I made the mistake of using my seamiles card (lets see if I can can the reduced rate with them as well, I doubt it), a bit of a mistake, but thats a whole nother thread entirely!

I am going to forward these conditions along with their savings and leave it to them. Thanks again for your replies! I love this board!

Perhaps the travel agent in question is just not yet familiar with the new processes available for Early Saver bookings, and it trying to protect themselves for the possibility of breaching their contact w/ Carnival when it comes to re-booking at a lower price. I'd just advise the agent to check again with CCL, since the cruise line is making it available to those who booked directly.

What the travel agent might be concerned with is the following clause in their contract:

C. Retro Dilution.

Carnival prohibits the

“Retro Dilution” of its products. For purposes of this Policy, Retro Dilution occurs in situations

where Carnival lowers prices on a sailing after Travel Agency has booked a client at a higher price, and thereafter (1)

Travel Agency cancels the existing booking and then books the client again at the lower rate or (2) modifies an existing

booking in any manner and through any channel which results in an already-booked price being lowered other than, in

either case, by contacting a member of the Carnival Reservations staff and the Carnival staff member agreeing to (x)

reduce the price on an existing booking or (y) create a new booking at the lower rate. If Travel Agency commits or

permits any act of Retro Dilution, Carnival may, in its sole discretion, take one or both of the following actions: (i) deduct

the amount(s) of Retro Dilution from any current or future commissions due such Travel Agency under the underlying

Travel Agency Agreement and (ii) terminate the underlying Travel Agency Agreement.

Things like this are why I personally chose to book directly w/ CCL rather than going through a travel agent, as I used to do in the past.

Archived