Carnival Freedom - 2277

horsingaround

I just booked the Carnival Freedom for the End of March (a surprise trip - hubby is getting deployed in May so decided for a get-a-way before he leaves for 16 months).

This is the my first time on the Freedom and my first time staying on the Main deck (in my previous 6 sailings, I have always booked on the Empress deck).

Is this an OK room? The only other ocean view room available on the main deck was 2426 (I think was the other room). I really don't want to be at the 'bottom' of the ship and I don't really want to do an 'interior' room.

Any input? (I tried searching this thread but didn't find anything for this room specifically)

Thanks

• 1 year later...

How was your room? We are booked next to this room in May.

I just booked the Carnival Freedom for the End of March (a surprise trip - hubby is getting deployed in May so decided for a get-a-way before he leaves for 16 months).

This is the my first time on the Freedom and my first time staying on the Main deck (in my previous 6 sailings, I have always booked on the Empress deck).

Is this an OK room? The only other ocean view room available on the main deck was 2426 (I think was the other room). I really don't want to be at the 'bottom' of the ship and I don't really want to do an 'interior' room.

Any input? (I tried searching this thread but didn't find anything for this room specifically)

Thanks

• 3 years later...

Main deck is above the Riveria deck which is the lowest passenger deck. There are MANY decks below the riveria deck so in theory you are not on the bottom.

Being on the main deck-- be careful of whats above you.

You do not want to be under the galley.

Under the dining room areas are fine since they are carpeted.

and the show lounge will be loud until about midnight.

any other area you will be fine

Archived