Pride Cat 11 vs. 12

Cortesefam

We're thinking about trying the Carnival Pride itinerary from Baltimore this summer--will be our first cruise on Carnival. We are a family of 4, and will get two adjacent or connecting cabins.

I've studied the Carnival website, but struggle to understand the difference between the Category 11 and 12 suites. The wrap around balcony on the Aft Category 11 suites looks great and would seem to give the 11 the edge--otherwise, the Cat 12 layout appears very similar to the Cat 11.

We would welcome any perspective or views from past cruisers on the Pride or similar class ships in the Carnival fleet.

Thanks

We're thinking about trying the Carnival Pride itinerary from Baltimore this summer--will be our first cruise on Carnival. We are a family of 4, and will get two adjacent or connecting cabins.

I've studied the Carnival website, but struggle to understand the difference between the Category 11 and 12 suites. The wrap around balcony on the Aft Category 11 suites looks great and would seem to give the 11 the edge--otherwise, the Cat 12 layout appears very similar to the Cat 11.

We would welcome any perspective or views from past cruisers on the Pride or similar class ships in the Carnival fleet.

Thanks

Hi...

If you can, get the cat 11 Aft-wrap suite...HUGE balcony, divided bedroom. Otherwise, the difference between the cat 11 and 12 is mainly a bigger sofa which equates to a tad bit more room...and the balcony is a tad bit bigger.

We've had an 11 and 12 on the Pride and we would have been fine with the 11.

For NYE 2009, we booked our first cat 11 aft-wrap on the Spirit (sister ship) and we are excited!

Thank you both for your responses. I did not realize the balcony dividers on Carnival ships could be opened--I was surprised how few connecting cabins are available, and none of the suites.

One last question--what kind of seating/tables were available on either the Cat 11 wrap around or Cat 12 balconies--were loungers possible, or a table large enough for breakfast on the balcony?

Thanks

At christmas, on the Pride we had a lounger, 3 chairs and 2 side tables on the Panorama rear, wrap around balcony. We asked, and our stewart also found another lounger for us. We also had a small Christmas tree and Christmas lights. There was still a ton of room. THe tables are not high enough to sit around. An added bonus is the wrap around on the side; you can get out of the sun or the wind. Coming back from Cabo, the wind was very strong and cold on the side of the ship, but we were sunning in the back and it was very pleasant.

I did not realize the balcony dividers on Carnival ships could be opened--I was surprised how few connecting cabins are available, and none of the suites.

You will get VIP boarding since you are in suites. We always get there early (11 AM) and wait in the special area they have set aside for you after checking in. You will board the ship right after the wedding parties (if there are any for your cruise).

We then go directly to the Guest Relations Desk and make the request to have the balcony dividers opened. (They only allow a certain number opened per cruise: first come, first served) You need to have one person from each cabin sign the request. They won't open it until the next day. We leave our doors to the balconies unlocked and go back and forth between cabins on the balconies.

On our last cruise on a Spirit class ship with this arrangement, we requested an extra room key for each other's cabin one day when it was raining. We LOVED having the double balcony. Just like Alberta cruiser said, it's nice to be able to go around the corner and get out of the wind or sun. When we're aft, it's like being on our personal yacht.

Enjoy!

Archived