Freedom's Specialty Restaurant

capt65

We are booked for the end of April on the Freedom and we are wondering if its worth to spend the extra $ to eat at the specialty restaurant. We have read the menu's and it sure sounds like the end to beat all.

So, if anyone has eaten there, please post your experiences. The usual, how was the food, what you had, service...and in true cruise style, are you allowed to order more than 1 serving if you see something else you would like to try on the menu.

Almost forgot, do you need to book this before you get aboard or can you do it on ship?

Thanks for helping.

We've done the specialty restaurat on the Miracle...worth every penny. We aren't food snobs, but enjoy good food and good restaurants and this was exceptional. We are on the Freedom on 2/28 and have a reservation for their restaurant. You can book a table as soon as you get on the ship, though, as there are people in the atrium taking reservations as you board.

Enjoy!

Susan

P.S. I don't think you can have more than one entree but we were encouraged to try two different things and share.

Thanks for the info, it helps. When I read about the 24oz steak, I knew we had to try it.
I had one this past December on the Freedom... WOW!:eek:

Almost finished it, but DW suggested I NOT pick up the bone to clean off the rest of the meat..:rolleyes:

Remember to order the side of mushrooms.. I forgot!!!:(

Next time I may just order the 14 oz strip, then I'll have room for dessert! :D;) BURP....

We are booked for the end of April on the Freedom and we are wondering if its worth to spend the extra $ to eat at the specialty restaurant. We have read the menu's and it sure sounds like the end to beat all.

So, if anyone has eaten there, please post your experiences. The usual, how was the food, what you had, service...and in true cruise style, are you allowed to order more than 1 serving if you see something else you would like to try on the menu.

Almost forgot, do you need to book this before you get aboard or can you do it on ship?

Thanks for helping.

If you are a beef eater, for sure it is worth it. The beef is USDA PRIME aged beef. That quality of beef cannot be bought in your local supermarket. And you wouldn't want to pay the price per lb. anyway.

Those that are lobster nuts, not so sure its worth it. The lobster MAY be Maine or it may be a tropical lobster. BUT for certain, it WILL be a frozen tail, NOT a whole live lobster. Not saying a frozen tail can't be good, it can be. But it is a completely different and inferior meal to a real whole fresh cooked live Maine lobster. Like the difference between a ribeye steak and a burger.

Dan

We ate at the Supper Club on Freedom last February. It was great. My husband ordered some desert with 3 cups full of all kinds of deserts. It was awesome. The Supper club was great. We are going on her again next month. Can't wait to go back to the Supper Club again.

Thanks for helping.

We dined in the specialty Freedom restuarant on our cruise in May '07. This was to celebrate ours, my sis and husband's, 35th anniversary. We were on the Grand Med. cruise. Bro-in-law made the reservation so we were just starting to dine as the sunset. Everything about the experience was fantastic. Of course who we were with was the best. But, the food was outstanding, the service impeccable. I beleive we had beef, seafood dishes between the four of us. This dinner service takes about 2 to 2 and 1/2 hours as I remember. There was a small band and singer, and a small dance floor. The whole thing was just incredible, I highly encourage anyone to do this experience. And, for the money, you will not find a better bargin anywhere.

Go, enjoy, and have your wonderful memories!

Just ate there last week.

No you cant order more than 1 entree, and as crazy as this sounds the lobster on our first elegant night was better. I had the 24oz porterhouse though and by the time I ate my French Onion soup and Caesar Salad I couldnt even finish it.

I know the charge is $30 per person for this rest., but I was wondering if one should tip the servers even though we are pre-paying the daily tipping amount.

DaveOKC

Part of the $30. is the tip.

Back when "Specialty" restaurants first started on ships the whole charge was the tip only.

Dan

We were on the Freedom over Christmas and ate at the supper club on one of our sea days. It was well worth the price of admission. Food was fantastic, and all four of us in our party had something different. If you are a carnivore, the meat dishes are fantastic. Need not worry about the portion sizes, you will be stuffed after the meal. Make sure to save room for dessert.

Also, we booked the supper club online several weeks before our cruise. When we boarded the ship on Saturday we went exploring and happened to stop by the supper club. To be on the safe side I had them confirm our reservation. It was a good thing I did because they had no showing of my reservation from my website booking. Check once you get on ship because popular days and times might book fast.

Treat and enjoy yourself.

Archived