Vancouver Hotel

mamaday

We stayed at the Blue Horizon on Robson St. We took a half day tour of the city on our last day and the bags were delivered to the ship by the tour company. Very easy and a great tour. All organised through the hotel reception. Lots of things to to and we walked around a lot. Quite a central location, great Thai food just around the corner and the eggs benedict at the hotel done with salmon was fantastic. They have a website. We enjoyed our stay. Good luck with your search!

Princess ships usually tie up at Canada Place and there are large number of hotels in the immediate area. During the Alaska Cruise season hotels tend to be quite expensive, generally in the $150 - $300 p/n range. Sometimes there are promotions that bring those rates down and people often have success at getting lower rates on Priceline. If we had some idea of your price range for a hotel we might be able to give you some recommendations. As posted above the Blue Horizon is very popular amongst cruisers both from a price and location point ot view.

I am a member of several "chain" loyalty programs (Hilton Honors, Priority Club, etc). There's a Hampton Inn on Robson St that looks nice. Are there other hotels from major chains (Hilton, Sheraton, Westin, Marriott, etc) near Canada Place?

Thx

The Hampton is a good choice and I belive they have a free breakfast and shuttle to the pier. The Westin Grand is very close to the Hampton and I believe also has a free shuttle to the pier...it is a great hotel. Sheraton have a new hotel at the Wall Center about 8 blocks from the pier and as it is one of the tallest buidings in Vancouver it has some great views. Marriott have 2 properties right across the street from each other on West Hastings about 3 blocks west of the pier. All of the above are very good hotels in good locations, convenient to restaurants so it is kind of a pick'm.

The Hampton is a good choice and I belive they have a free breakfast and shuttle to the pier. The Westin Grand is very close to the Hampton and I believe also has a free shuttle to the pier...it is a great hotel. Sheraton have a new hotel at the Wall Center about 8 blocks from the pier and as it is one of the tallest buidings in Vancouver it has some great views. Marriott have 2 properties right across the street from each other on West Hastings about 3 blocks west of the pier. All of the above are very good hotels in good locations, convenient to restaurants so it is kind of a pick'm.

Great - just the info I was needing. Thanks so much.

-Glenn-

• 1 month later...

Looking for 3 nights pre-cruise in Vancouver. Price range from $150-$250. Have not used Priceline or Hotwire before but considering this to save $$$. Has anyone bid at either of these sites for the end of June?

Did you choose 4*? The dates we need are 6/26-6/29. I am thinking about trying hotwire. Most posts I have read state that they received the Westin Bayshore. What hotels are possibile if I bid 4*? What clues tip me that the hotel is the Westin vs something else? Thanks for your help.;)

Did you choose 4*? The dates we need are 6/26-6/29. I am thinking about trying hotwire. Most posts I have read state that they received the Westin Bayshore. What hotels are possibile if I bid 4*? What clues tip me that the hotel is the Westin vs something else? Thanks for your help.;)

The Westin Bayshore was 4*, it had spa in the amenities. Look on betterbidding.com and they have the hotels pretty much pinpointed.

• 2 weeks later...

Booked the Westin Bayshore on Hotwire for $104/night plus tax/fees for 6/26-6/29!!! Total price of 365 USD. Westin web price of $860 CAD. Excited for our three days pre-cruise in Vancouver.

Booked the Westin Bayshore on Hotwire for $104/night plus tax/fees for 6/26-6/29!!! Total price of 365 USD. Westin web price of $860 CAD. Excited for our three days pre-cruise in Vancouver.

No question in my mind...you hit a home run with that deal.....good on you. I hope you have a great cruise and a terrific time in our city.:D:D

May I ask - do any of these hotels (or any others that you might know of) offer a Park and Cruise package, where you stay the night before the cruise and can park your car there for the duration, and pick it up on the day of return?

That would be rather convenient - heck, even if there was one a bit farther away from the cruise terminal it could still work.

In terms of the downtown/west end area the only one that I know of is the Coast Plaza. Other than that there is Accent Inns that operate motels in both Burnaby and Richmond which is out by the airport:

http://www.coasthotels.com/hotels/canada/bc/vancouver/coast_plaza/overview

http://www.accentinns.com/

Archived