Best Waters to cruise in July?

kab996

I'm thinking about taking a cruise this July for the first time. I'm very worried about sea sickness. Would the cruises out of San Juan be calmer waters at that time of year? The cruise I am considering has only overnight sea times, mostly ports of call. It is Carnivals Victory Southern Caribbean. Being there are no sea days, is that better for sea sickness? Where is the best inside cabin to book?

Thank you

July is smack dab in the middle of hurricane season, and telling you what kind of seas to expect is impossible. Rough seas happen all year round and there is no better time of year to cruise, or no better area to cruise, to avoid rough seas. Actually, summer can be rougher than any other time of year because of summer storms and hurricanes.

Not having sea days makes no difference in rough seas. If it's going to be rough, you're going to feel it when cruising at night.

Most who want less motion book cabins as much in the middle of the ship as possible. That means a cabin that's not too high or too low deckwise and one near the middle elevators.

Archived