Grand Cayman 7 Mile Beach

ibass

• 2 weeks later...
Great pics Kim! Now, you are babiejosie 98 (michelle)'s aunt, right? Know Michelle from our missouri thread and the disboards. Well, I think we've decided to just beach it at Seagrape on 1/22. Can't wait!

Thanks Voss!

Guilty! I am BabyJ's Auntie. Great girl and good friend...I love 'er.

Good call! I loved Seagrape beach even with the Ivan damage it was still gorgeous! I really liked the Cafe on the beach...a little pricey...but hey I'm on vacation...right?!

Have a great time and drink a Cayman Mama for me! :)

Great pics Kim! Now, you are babiejosie 98 (michelle)'s aunt, right? Know Michelle from our missouri thread and the disboards. Well, I think we've decided to just beach it at Seagrape on 1/22. Can't wait!
You better take care of that beach for me. Stake out a couple chairs for us and we will plant ourselves in them too when we are there on the 25th. See its kind of like we're following you guys around..... :eek:

Voss I saw people with coolers...no problem. I did go ahead and rent a chair for $10.00, you get a free water or soda with the rental. I know it sounds kind of high but I figured with all the lost tourism it was the least I could do. It was so nice to sit right on the ocean and look out at our beautiful ship! The water is so clear and blue...oh too be back there! Oh and don't forget your towels. I used my collapsible cooler a lot on this trip...it was sooo handy. I kept beer stocked in our room and a couple cans of soda (the fridge is not very cold) I wish I was going with you guys!! :)

babysam99: your pictures are beautiful. thanks for the great info. we will definitely do this when we go in may. we were in gc b/f ivan and did the beach break through rccl. rip off. better to go on our own. our beach was covered with cruisers.

once again, thanks.

thanks everyone as I read about this place...hubby and I will be going Oct. 27th it will be his birthday and was trying to find what would be fun for him..think I found the place Sea Grape

babysam99: your pictures are beautiful. thanks for the great info. we will definitely do this when we go in may. we were in gc b/f ivan and did the beach break through rccl. rip off. better to go on our own. our beach was covered with cruisers.

once again, thanks.

Thanks Dkort! Your welcome! :)

You can go to the public beach which is free - cab fare of course is $4 per person. There is a snack bar - I didn't get anything from there so I don't know what they have as far as food and drinks. There is a clean bath house and they do rent items. There are pavillions so you can enjoy the shade.

We did the resort thing the first time and it was so over run with cruisers that we had this very small piece of beach to sit in our lounger and do the "obstacle course" to get to the beach.

Where is the public beach located? What do you tell the cab driver for the destination?

I have heard that 7 Mile Beach is VERY crowded. Is this true? Where is the best beach to go to that is not super crowded?

Is the public beach across from the Marriot? Can you rent umbrellas there? (We need umbrellas or some type of shade more than we need chairs). My kids want to parasail and I know that they are spread along 7-mile beach. Does anyone know if they're at the public beach?

Guys when you get off the ship from being tendered in, there are lot's of taxis to take you to ther beach. The taxis automatically stop at Sea Grape beach on 7 mile beach. You can request other beaches along the route. Sea Grape was really nice and have chairs, umbrellas, jet skis, and other things to rent. It also has table and chairs with umbrellas. Food and drink are a little pricey but hey your on vacation...right?!

http://community.webshots.com/user/kimbo041562 Here is a link to photos of Sea Grape...hope this helps.

Have a great time everyone! :)

From your pictures (very nice!) I can see that the beach looks nearly desserted! Did it get more crowded during the day? What time were you there? Are there water sport rentals available close to this beach? What are the prices and what is available?

Cruislovin I arrived at the beach at about 9:00 am...very nice, hardly anyone around. It started getting crowded at about 12:00 but still very pleasant.

Yes you can rent just about anything right there on the beach. If you look in my pics you will see the cafe well rentals are right to the right of the cafe. Very handy! Also to the right is changing rooms, very clean bathrooms and an outdoor shower. I know that waverunners were about 60.00 for an hour (I think thats the price if I remeber right) 10.00 for floaties, I think it was 35.00 for water bikes, chairs were 10.00, umbrellas were 10.00 also. I didnt really get the prices for snorkle stuff. I hope this helps.

Have a great time...I know I did! :)

Cruislovin I arrived at the beach at about 9:00 am...very nice, hardly anyone around. It started getting crowded at about 12:00 but still very pleasant.

Yes you can rent just about anything right there on the beach. If you look in my pics you will see the cafe well rentals are right to the right of the cafe. Very handy! Also to the right is changing rooms, very clean bathrooms and an outdoor shower. I know that waverunners were about 60.00 for an hour (I think thats the price if I remeber right) 10.00 for floaties, I think it was 35.00 for water bikes, chairs were 10.00, umbrellas were 10.00 also. I didnt really get the prices for snorkle stuff. I hope this helps.

Have a great time...I know I did! :)

18 days away!!!! Then I'll be at your beach!!!

You can use all you want, just leave some margarita mix and tequila. Oh also, sand, water, and warm weather. Snowing like crazy right now. The storm that wasn't supposed to amount to anything and start around 5:00 tonight. Love the New England weather.

Voss - You are not too far away from a loooong vacation. You will have such a great time. You will be there when we are embarking correct? Jan 22?

Archived