last min. bookings

ok, Here is a thought i have and wanted to see if anyone has done this.

Spring break March 2009-- Looking at Crown Princess( friends are booked on it) Now i have a pty of 5 (3 kids ages 8-15) this ship has no conn. rooms.

My question is...... Who has waited to the last min. to book.???

I have heard on my past cruises people who do this and get fabulous rates. If i can get one of these Fab rates i would not worry where my room is as much,> i love inside and high> I just feel guilty booking at current rates when economy is bad, and also me and hubby would have to sleep in different rooms and split up kids because of the no conn. room problem. I know some people put their kids in other rooms alone but that wont be me. Better safe than sorry. Let me know what you think.. I am not normally a tight wad but i did just get off a ship in Nov...

I have never booked a cruise more than 6 weeks away.

There are things to consider-

can you get time work off at short notice?

do you live close enough to drive to the port? (airfares can be a deal breaker)?

are you flexible about where you want to cruise?

are you willing to do quick research to get ports organised?

If you answered yes to all then last minute cruising could be for you.

I booked one Saturday, left Sunday. I didn't know anything about the ports but at the price I didn't care if I even got off.

If you have a specific cruise i mind you may be disapointed if it's booked out. Flexibility is the key. The last one I did I booked 4 weeks before when I found out most of my family were going to be away for Christmas.

good luck.

One thing to consider with your scenerio...last minute deas are typically available when there are a number of cabins available and the line is doing what they can at the last minute to try and fill up the ship...the possibility of that being the case on a spring break sailing is slighty less that many other times throughout the year I believe...it is usually a busier time and the ships typically sell out or get close to it at higher prices

thanks for the advice, I live in Fl and several ports are drive dist. Also our spring break is at the end of march and not during Easter so maybe i will get lucky. Die'n to go on this ship since my friends are and will be sad if they leave me behind but cant pay the going rate for no conn. rooms. May end up taking a cruise with just hubby and kids but that may be a good thing..?? Thanks again for the advice...

Archived