Elation 10/17/04

therbst

Cozumel

Having done some research, I decided on Paradise Beach for the morning, then shopping in the afternoon. The ship docked at the pier outside of town The cab to Paradise Beach was $12 each way. I brought my own snorkeling equipment and planned on a stop at Dzul Ha on the way back to the ship, but the snorkeling was so good at Paradise, I didn't get to Dzul Ha this trip. There are some orange floats out near the eastern edge of the beach area where there is a large coral formation and lots of different, colorful fish. Just past the floats, I found a stingray, and under a moored sailboat near the western corner, I found a barracuda hiding in the shadow. There were even a few starfish just past the iceberg. There is a large

undeveloped area to the side of Paradise Beach which would probably make for good snorkeling as well.

By the time we cleaned up and headed back out into the heat, we weren't so keen on the idea of going off to town and were content to wonder through the stores at the pier. Prices seemed to be about like they were last time we were in shopping district, and there was plenty of everything available.

Glad you enjoyed the snorkel! In the past 13 months that we've been open, I've also had people report seeing; Sharp-tailed eels (look like sea snakes, but aren't. So relax!), blue tangs, moray eel that lives under a rock, juveniles, needle fish, some kind of flounder-thingy, and for the past 3 days running, a large Nassau Grouper!

Archived