Solstice Resort Deck Sky Suites

EssexGary

Hi all, can I get some views about the Sky Suites on Resort Deck please? I have read that these are 'noisy' from the buffet areas above, we have 2126 and 2128 reserved for Jan '10. What are peoples experiences of the Resort Deck? if there was noise what type and intensity?

Thanks for your advice!

Gary

Hi Gary - We stayed in 2121 on a b2b. As far as the noise, we very seldom heard anything from above. Never kept us awake at night or woke us in the morning. The cabin is in an ideal location as it's a short walk to the elevators, stairs, pool, spa, etc. Just one flight up is the Oceanview Cafe which is perfect for a quick walk up the stairs. If you have any other questions about the cabin, just ask.

Patty

Thanks Patty!! did the overhang cause a big problem? was there EVER sun on the balcony?

People have made such a stink about the noise from the Resort Deck - I even heard the noise in these Sky Suite being like a "bowling alley" bit of a worry I'd say!

Gary

Hi Gary - People have a way of exaggerating and let the slightest inconvenience drive them crazy. Trust me, for us, the Cafe above was a non-issue.

The overhang is substantial, but for us, it's perfect (again, there are those that don't like it at all). We were able to sit out any time of the day w/o the sun beating down on us. However, you did get some sun. If it rained, we could enjoy our balcony (a very nice size by the way) without getting wet.

The cabin really is a treat and the bathroom is out of this world. We loved the cabin so much, that we booked the same one for our 12/09 Equinox sailing.

Patty

Archived