Cagney's Specialty Restautant Concern

tineedancer

[quote name='cruisinmom68']On our last 2 cruises aboard the Pearl we ate Cagneys. My husband could not decide between 2 different entrees. So the waiter suggested he order both. I said "You can do that?"
His reply was " Sure can!"

I questioned there being a second surcharge and he said absolutely NOT. All you can eat!

So needless to say my 17 year old daughter did the same and between the two of them there was hardly any room on the table for my measley 1 entree meal! :p[/quote]

[COLOR=red]Originally Posted by [B]Planer's Edge[/B] [/COLOR][URL="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=17915613#post17915613"][COLOR=red][IMG]http://boards12.cruisecritic.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/URL]
[I][COLOR=red]In the specialty restaurants you [B]cannot[/B] order more than one entree like you can in the main dining rooms.[/COLOR][/I]

[I][COLOR=red]PE[/COLOR][/I]

[I][SIZE=4][COLOR=seagreen][B]OK, can you or can't you order more than two entrees???? :confused:[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/I]
[I][SIZE=4][COLOR=seagreen][B]I'm soooooooooo confussed :confused::confused:[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/I]

[quote name='S&Dcruising'][COLOR=red]Originally Posted by [B]Planer's Edge[/B] [/COLOR][URL="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=17915613#post17915613"][COLOR=red][IMG]http://boards12.cruisecritic.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/URL]
[I][COLOR=red]In the specialty restaurants you [B]cannot[/B] order more than one entree like you can in the main dining rooms.[/COLOR][/I]

[I][COLOR=red]PE[/COLOR][/I]

[I][SIZE=4][COLOR=seagreen][B]OK, can you or can't you order more than two entrees???? :confused:[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/I]
[I][SIZE=4][COLOR=seagreen][B]I'm soooooooooo confussed :confused::confused:[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/quote]

I was told in Cagney's and Le Bistro only one entree and as many sides or appetizers as you want. Now the other restaurants (with the exception of Teppanyaki) it seems your appetite is the only limit. As others have said they experienced something different. I can only answer with what I was told. As a wise man once told me "You can never know until you ask". So, I would suggest you just go and find out for your self and then report bacck with your experience. Besides, it not like you are going to starve or something.

PE

[QUOTE=Planer's Edge;17924321]Correction...I did not know about La Trattoria. It was not there when we cruised on the Spirit in 2005.

Sorry

PE[/QUOTE]
it is situated at the end of the buffet, but separated at night by curtains. We were very impressed, it we hadn't have known it was just at the end of the buffet we would have thought it was totally separated and as I said, for $10 the food was very good. The anitpasto cart alone was worth the price.

For those who wonder about more than one entree, believe you me, you wouldn't be able to eat more than one, especially if you have salad, soup and appitizer. We didn't even have room for dessert, what a shame...

Nita

[quote=Planer's Edge;17928044]I was told in Cagney's and Le Bistro only one entree and as many sides or appetizers as you want. Now the other restaurants (with the exception of Teppanyaki) it seems your appetite is the only limit. As others have said they experienced something different. I can only answer with what I was told. As a wise man once told me "You can never know until you ask". So, I would suggest you just go and find out for your self and then report bacck with your experience. Besides, it not like you are going to starve or something.

PE[/quote]

You havn't seen me eat crab legs, I can put away several pounds....
Yes I know, i'm a pig lol
anyways I'll ask, the worst they can say is NO, and I've been married so I have heard NO many times lol:D

[quote name='watchdiva']It is SO worth the extra $$ - Cagney's is our favorite restaurant. I paid extra for the broiled lobster tail and it was very very big and cooked to perfection![/QUOTE]

[quote name='caspmorn']I like Cagney's a lot, and ate there three times in December on two cruises. I think $25 is good because it reduces demand, making it easier for me to get in. My favorite item is the truffle fries. My wife got the King Crab Legs all three times for dinner ($10 extra). It was well worth it for me because she liked them a lot![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Planer's Edge;17880923]You need to try the Cote de Boeuf in Le Bistro. It is like a Chateaubriand using a ribeye rather than a tenderloin.

PE[/QUOTE]

Oh my!! I'm getting hungry reading all your replies. :D

Hmmm... dinner tonight, doesn't seem as appealing. :o

[quote name='gsc500']Oh my!! I'm getting hungry reading all your replies. :D

Hmmm... dinner tonight, doesn't seem as appealing. :o[/QUOTE]you mean my left over meat loaf and left over home made mac and cheese doesn't sould as good as Lobster, boy you sure don't know good food..?? LOL

Nita

Archived