How many pictures did you take?

Mskerri22

How many pictures did you take during the trip. I know it depends on locations, excursions and all but just wondering how many pictures people take during a 7day cruise. I'm sure I'll be able to take plenty more than needed with my 4gb sd card.

I’m one of those picture obsessed individuals that loves tons of pictures (great for scrapbooking). On our recent 7-night cruise to Alaska both my husband and I took our digital cameras along. I took 896 pictures on mine and he took 453 on his. We love the variety that this has to offer us, as well as knowing that he might see/take things differently than I do. Plus it’s a whole lot easier to hit the delete button for the ones we don’t want/like, than it would have been to get home and say “I wish I would of taken a picture of this/that.”

I don't have a digital, so I've always taken disposables (if one or two go missing/fall in the water, so what?). I've always run short. I would count on at least 50 shots per destination, with some around the ship as well.

There are 2 kinds of pictures: documentation ("this is Uncle Ed and Aunt Edna"), and pictures actually supposed to look good. The latter depend on lighting and angle. From my own experience:

1) Ocean water is dark. How it looks depends very much on sun and clouds: sun to give it blue color, and clouds reflect off the surface. Light clouds wash out the color, dark clouds make it look gloomy. Before you photograph the ocean, look at the sky. Wait for the sun to come out.

Also: basically, one shot of at-sea ocean pretty much looks like another.

Near land, the shallower the water the lighter and brighter the color; again, sun brings it out. White beach and green trees give contrast.

2) The human eye never sees telephone lines and clutter. The camera does.

3) The slower you move, the more you see.

OMG I LOVE digital cameras---- before we would have thousands of pics that just piled up and laid around.

Now, I have everything organized on an extra back-up hard drive, cds, and then my main hard drive on my computer.

IT IS GREAT!! my dd has her own digital camera-- we have over 5 we use every vacation-- we end up blowing up at least 3-5 every trip-- our whole house is full.............

Usually take hundreds of pictures. One cruise we took with a group of 17- everyone taking pictures. Shared them all by putting all pics on one disc- ended up with over 2500, I believe!! With this new group of 120 people going with us on April 4th....who knows how many pics we will have:eek:! I have a head start having had a tour a few weeks ago. It is truly a beautiful ship- lots of photo ops all around.

Archived