AYW dining on Ryndam/Mexico -- can someone refresh my memory?

CowPrincess

Can't find the answer, and have looked and looked.

If I recall correctly, on embarkation day, there were a NUMBER of announcements about going and making reservations for AYW dining. And there was a podium near the Lido making the reservations.... is that correct? Was that podium there EVERY day?

And throughout the trip, were there any restrictions on TIMES for which a reservation could be made?

I paid ZERO attention to this, as we had late fixed dining, but looks like we're going to be doing "AYW" for Alaska. Any tips or insights or ways to make the system work would be appreciated!

Ajj ships will do this --- if you arrive at the pier around 11 - 11:30 -- there will be someone in the terminal to inquire what time and how large a table you would like the first night -- that person usually will be there until about 12.

Now this varies by ship -- sometimes they have someone by the dining room taking that evenings reservations and other times (this I have seen the most) -- there is a podium or table set up in the Lido.

After that -- there will be a notice in the daily program every day that you can make reservations from 8 AM - 4 PM --- BUT -- they only take reservations for times between 5:15 and 6:15 and 7:30 - 9 ---- the times from 6:15 - 7:30 are non-reservable - you just show up.

You can make reservations for 2 days at a time.

Archived