Horseback riding at Tabyana Beach

N.O. lady

We have booked the Tabyana Beach excursion through NCL and was wondering if there is horseback riding available at Tabyana? We have a 10 year old who is an accomplished rider but too young for the ship's horseback riding excursions (12 yr. old restriction) and would love the opportunity to ride along the beaches. Help me out if you can with some info and prices...would be great!

The Tabiyana Beach Resort is located on a beach named West Bay Beach. If you walk about 1/2 mile east up the shoreline, there is a small resort called Kiefito's Plantation. He has horseback riding, does a tour up to the high point of the island & then back down the beach & back to the resort.

I've never been there on a cruise day (when I go to Roatan it is on an extended scuba vacation). I ASSUME he would be available on cruise day but don't know for sure.

Website for this place is http://www.keifitos.com. Keiffer is one of the nicest men you could ever hope to meet, and his resort is very nice. Sits high up on the hill with a view of the rocks, beach & ocean below.

We were in Roatan several weeks ago, on Tabyana beach and spoke with a couple who had done the horseback riding excursion and they were very happy with it. One other option may be to contact a local tour operator who may be able to arrange it for someone younger than the ship's requirement. We had a fantastic time at Salt and Pepper (see several of my other posts fo details). Paul, the owner, could surely arrange for this. Have a great time.

Archived