So... ...what are you wearing???

aerojommel

What do you wear on formal night on a Carnival cruise?;)

On the Freedom in the Caribbean earlier this month, I was in a sport shirt & slacks. Table mates in sport coats but no ties. Table next to ours was suits. Next to them was tuxes.

I'm going tux next month on Triumph.

Wear whatever it takes to make it a "fun cruise" for you.

I'm going to wear these on my upcoming cruise. I know I'll be in the minority but I want to wear things I like. Someone else dressed in something they like, that might be a little more casual, does not diminish the experience of a special evening for me. Life is too short, wear what makes you happy.

bluegown.jpg

br606495-01vliv01.jpg

Hi Aero,

Thanks for asking this question! I have often wondered the same thing. Last cruise, my husband and I skipped formal night all together. He is not all about wearing dress clothes, especially on vacation! It seems that it is a "whatever makes you comfortable" type deal. Our next cruise (2-9-09), I have talked my husband into participating in formal night. He will wear a dress shirt, dress slacks and a tie. No jacket. I will wear a cocktail dress. I dress for myself and my husband. I don't want to offend anyone with the way we dress or don't dress, but in the end it really isn't about anyone but you!:o

I'll be wearing this dark purple gown on formal night' date=' DH will wear his tux with co-ordinating tie and cummerbund in the shade of my dress![/color']:)

e82e_1_bl.JPG

:)

Beautiful dress...mind sharing the website of where you found it? :confused:

Archived