Connecting Rooms on Liberty

pakmount

Anyone have any information about the connecting rooms on the Liberty. We are nearly ready to book, and the TA has suggested two rooms connecting. Are they laid out differently?

We had connecting balcony cabins on the Liberty and they were laid out normally. 2 twins or a queen/king and a sofa.

The door to get into the other cabin was located right next to where the balcony door was.

Bill

You're welcome.

One other thing. If you get the balcony divider opened it will block one of the balcony doors.

Wasn't a big deal as we kept the connecting door opened. Just stepped into the other cabin and out the other balcony door.

Bill

Is this true on most ships? I thought the divider was actually taken off not just folded back. I just arranged 2 side by side cabins on the Spirit and plan to have the balcony divider removed.

We loved our connecting balcony rooms on the Liberty. We had the balcony divider open or moved, too, so you could go in and out of the rooms either inside or outside. I don't remember it blocking one of the balcony doors, though. It was almost like a suite, with two bathrooms!

klmorg-Thats good to know that it didnt block one of your balcony doors. I guess I am just concernd now because I just booked 2 side by side Cat 8's on the Spirit with the intent of opening the divider.

Can anyone confirm on the Spirit class if the balcony divider, once opened, blocks the other balcony door? Or is it removed?

Thanks!

We loved our connecting balcony rooms on the Liberty. We had the balcony divider open or moved, too, so you could go in and out of the rooms either inside or outside. I don't remember it blocking one of the balcony doors, though. It was almost like a suite, with two bathrooms!

I definitely remember it blocking the door as we had an ongoing feud all week. My son would swing it over to block our door so he could get out to the balcony through his own door and I would keep swinging it back the other way to block his so I could get out to my balcony.

Damn disrespectful kids. Pay for their cruise and that's what you get.:p

Maybe the balcony dividers open differently on different decks, I don't know but that's the way ours was.

Bill

klmorg-Thats good to know that it didnt block one of your balcony doors. I guess I am just concernd now because I just booked 2 side by side Cat 8's on the Spirit with the intent of opening the divider.

Can anyone confirm on the Spirit class if the balcony divider, once opened, blocks the other balcony door? Or is it removed?

Thanks!

You can stop worrying. Check this out to see the way the balcony dividers open on the Spirit class ships.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=868845&highlight=dividers#3

Bill

LOL - and thanks - Oceanlover. We're booked for two connecting balconies on the Legend next Jan, so that is good onfo about the Spirit class! Ya know, our balcony divider could have easily blocked the door on the Liberty and I just don't remember. We had to disembark & be rushed to the hospital in Grand Cayman, as my DH had a heart attack on board the Liberty. So there is alot I may have blocked from the memory on that cruise. Talk about disrespectful... LOL, he is fine now and we have two cruises already booked.

LOL - and thanks - Oceanlover. We're booked for two connecting balconies on the Legend next Jan, so that is good onfo about the Spirit class! Ya know, our balcony divider could have easily blocked the door on the Liberty and I just don't remember. We had to disembark & be rushed to the hospital in Grand Cayman, as my DH had a heart attack on board the Liberty. So there is alot I may have blocked from the memory on that cruise. Talk about disrespectful... LOL, he is fine now and we have two cruises already booked.

Well I am glad to hear that hubby is doing OK now. That's one excursion I don't want to take.

I am fuzzy about things that happened yesterday. Luckily my son has a memory like an elephant and my wife makes an album of every cruise we take.

Going on Princess to Alaska in September for cruise #20.

I hope you enjoy your next 2 cruises.:)

Bill

Hi...

We had two connecting Ocean View rooms on the Liberty last February. We were on Deck 2.

For six of us, having connecting rooms felt like ONE BIG ROOM! With three kids and my mom, we were able to have enough space for all of us. It worked out perfectly during the day and early evening... yet we had some privacy at night.

This year, we have two side by side aft balcony rooms, and are hoping that the dividers can open in between. It will be interesting to see what we actually enjoy better.

Catrin

Hi...

We had two connecting Ocean View rooms on the Liberty last February. We were on Deck 2.

For six of us, having connecting rooms felt like ONE BIG ROOM! With three kids and my mom, we were able to have enough space for all of us. It worked out perfectly during the day and early evening... yet we had some privacy at night.

This year, we have two side by side aft balcony rooms, and are hoping that the dividers can open in between. It will be interesting to see what we actually enjoy better.

Catrin

Were your children young or older? We have two teens that are sharing a room - connected to ours. I'm still a bit worried about them sneaking out.....not that they would EVER do that!! :-) Our rule is that their door is always open and that ours may open and close at our discretion.

Any suggestions?

Archived