pool band on the summit

martini girl

we were on the constellation last march and the band was an asian band that played music like the carpenters and fifth dimension...not what we wanted to hear on a southern caribbean cruise. have the reggae bands become a thing of the past? tell me it is not so. we are cruising the summit march 14 and i so look forward to the caribbean music....

we were on the constellation last march and the band was an asian band that played music like the carpenters and fifth dimension...not what we wanted to hear on a southern caribbean cruise. have the reggae bands become a thing of the past? tell me it is not so. we are cruising the summit march 14 and i so look forward to the caribbean music....

About 1/2 of the cruises we've taken over the past few years had decent islands bands that played a great assortment of island and rock party music. Unfortunately the other half have been from other areas of the world and played music that did not rock in the least. Same observation as to the acoustic guitar players on the aft deck - although much higher than 50% of them have been classical guitar dinner music type players rather than the folk/rock type singers that fill up the bar and have everyone enjoying the scenery and music. I encourage anyone who misses the great island bands they used to have on all of the Caribbean cruises to write celebrity and let them know how you feel about it.

Just cruised on Summit, we got the same thing, Asian band playing pablum. As I recall they didn't play very often at the pool.

Ernie

how sad....i guess like everyone says, you have to reduce your expectations on any cruise now..i hate to see celebrity going down this road......hear this celebrity...bring back the reggae/caribbean music or i will be forced to cruise on princess! another thing we noticed on our last cruise was that the level of service went WAY downhill...we talked to many unhappy staff that couldn't wait to get off the ship and never return. its really bad when the staff openly verbalizes how unhappy they are....you know what runs downhill...

Archived