Alcohol Policy on NCL

outandabout

Does anyone have an input about bringing in a bottle or two of wine on the ship (for later consumption)? I'm not sure if different ships have different policies?

I've been on the Celebrity before on a Med cruise. I've checked it in when coming back from a shore ex and it was x-rayed and all but nobody said anything. So...we enjoyed our wine in our room.

Please chime in...I'd like to hear from fellow cruisers. Thanks!

recall reading about a limit of wine brought in advance. Seems the actual enforcement policy of no consumption in public areas has diminished over the years, as ths jacuzzis seem to bubly more and more; and I can't recall the last time a crew member made mention.

Funny you should mention this. I just called NCL as we have our first cruise scheduled with NCL this Feb. We usually cruise with Celebrity and are used to bringing a couple bottles of wine onboard with us. The NCL rep told me there is no limit to the number of bottles of wine you may bring on board but there is a $15 corkage fee for each. That's not a problem for us as on Celebrity the corkage fee has risen to $25 now. I did just happen to read on the NCL board that if they see the bottles in your luggage on x-ray they automatically add the corkage fee for each to your onboard account even if you drink it in your room. Also apparently no problem with picking up wine in ports and bringing it on. Woo Hoo:D

Funny you should mention this. I just called NCL as we have our first cruise scheduled with NCL this Feb. We usually cruise with Celebrity and are used to bringing a couple bottles of wine onboard with us. The NCL rep told me there is no limit to the number of bottles of wine you may bring on board but there is a $15 corkage fee for each. That's not a problem for us as on Celebrity the corkage fee has risen to $25 now. I did just happen to read on the NCL board that if they see the bottles in your luggage on x-ray they automatically add the corkage fee for each to your onboard account even if you drink it in your room. Also apparently no problem with picking up wine in ports and bringing it on. Woo Hoo:D

Yep, I was on NCL board and also came across the item you mentioned. I've been on the Celebrity as well, brought in a bottle of wine, from one of the ports but had it in our room. So no corkage fee there. Thanks for confirming their policy. It's good to hear it first hand from the NCL's people.

Happy sailing!

When you are exiting the ship they sell bottled water and you can buy a cloth holder for that bottle. Buy the large bottled water, a fifth of vodka, etc, will fit in that bottle. No reason wine wouldn't fit..... went on board with no problem. A fifth of Grey Goose was perfect......

Archived