Norwegian Majesty April 11

arenamara5

Can anyone give me some info on staying precruise night near or in Charleston? I have family of 4 adults and 4 teens. Can you park at hotel for length of cruise without spending a fortune? How difficult is getting to pier? Should we stay in Myrtle Beach and drive to Charleston in the morning of cruise? We are coming from Southern NJ. THANKS

• 1 month later...

My wife and I will be on this cruise as well! We are excited, this is our first cruise. We have always stayed inland on other vacations. I bought a relief band b/c I am making sure we having something guaranteed to work with us. I don't want any spoilers for this trip.

I have a question for those that own the relief band and have used before. I got mine a few days ago and put it on for a trial run. Does the shock not bother some of you? Maybe if I get sea sick it won't matter but when I tried it on I could feel it even on setting 1 and it felt a little wierd with the pulse going up the middle of my hand. I can't get it over setting 2 b/c the pulse is so strong to me. Is this normal?

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Riverview last year. They offered a decent rate (about 100 bucks) and allowed you to park there for the whole week. They had a free shuttle that dropped off and picked up at the pier. It was great. Hope that helps.

we have just a few days left to go till our cruise woo-hoo.we are staying at the hampton Inn mt pleasant.Its around $179 a night but you can park your car there for the week.the port is not very far from the hotel.we will grab a cab and off to port!:D

Hotels are more expensive in high season.. like April. We stay at the Holiday Inn Riverview too, but it cost almost $200 b/c our cruise is in April as well.

Recently, there was a thread on Charleston hotels. Let me try to find it b/c there were some really good prices from certain hotels. Check this post again in a few.

OK.. found it.. Check out all the posts, but especially #20. It talks about Inn at River Crossing in Mt. Pleasant. Hope this helps.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=934639&highlight=charleston+hotel

I just realized the OP started this thread at the end of January! Oh well.. Maybe they're still looking.

Embassy Suites Airport/North. $103.00 non-refundalbe/$129.00 refundable! Includes reception with booze night before cruise, suite, hot breakfast buffet, shuttle to ship and weeks parking. If you want the $103 rate, get it. The parking and shuttle are for all guests, not just those getting the "cruise package" which is just the $129.00 cancelable rate.

Embassy Suites Airport/North. $103.00 non-refundalbe/$129.00 refundable! Includes reception with booze night before cruise, suite, hot breakfast buffet, shuttle to ship and weeks parking. If you want the $103 rate, get it. The parking and shuttle are for all guests, not just those getting the "cruise package" which is just the $129.00 cancelable rate.

Such an excellent deal! Too bad it's not available on April 24th for our cruise.. I love Embassy. I've stayed in the one you're referring to and it was excellent.

Archived