Finished my Cruise Scrapbook - Finally!

siryn

I finished our Miracle cruise scrapbook (well actually stuffed 2 scrapbooks full) on Saturday night. I am so excited. It took almost a year to finish this book but at least it is done so I can set foot on the Valor in 6 weeks with a clear scrapbooking mind.

It was so nice working on this album all year because it reminded me of all the fun we had on the Miracle. My favorite pages are of the boys at the Banana plantation in St Lucia.

How long does it typically take for you to finish your books?

Congratulations Siryn on finishing your scrapbook, I am several cruises behind and I have "stuff" in folders and pictures that I do not have in order the way that I should so it makes it ten times harder to scrapbook. Wish that I had completed one cruise before the next one.I think that I try to make the pages to hard and they take to long to make. I just got a new cricut for Christmas so hopefully I will be able to get back into scrapbooking and start to get caught up.

I finished our Miracle cruise scrapbook (well actually stuffed 2 scrapbooks full) on Saturday night. I am so excited. It took almost a year to finish this book but at least it is done so I can set foot on the Valor in 6 weeks with a clear scrapbooking mind.

It was so nice working on this album all year because it reminded me of all the fun we had on the Miracle. My favorite pages are of the boys at the Banana plantation in St Lucia.

And no photos????:D:D

Seriously us keen scrapbookers would love to see your handiwork if you want to share.

Yes It is good to finish to finish one before leaving on your next.

My last holiday was 15 days at disneyworld, mariner cruise OVER xmas and 5 days in Las vegas.

How long do you reckon that will take and how many pages.

I do not think I will ever finish that one.

I just need to get started though....

Well done.

I just finished mine of Sunday. We sailed over Halloween. Usually it takes about a month or 6 weeks, this time was longer, and even though I like it, I did'nt take the time I used to. Not as much imagination used either. But all the memories are there, and I guess that's the point.

Way to go for finishing your album. I/we have been on 3 cruises & are booked for one this fall. Our first cruise was 9 years ago & that trip consists of 2 albums. I have the 1st one 90 % complete & the 2nd one 50% complete. I'm not sure if it will ever get done since the couple we traveled with is divorced now & life has really changed. I have our 2nd cruise album 99% complete and it's 2 albums as well. I haven't started the 3rd cruise yet & don't even have those pics printed. I know it's sad...they are all digital, but thank goodness they are uploaded to Costco & I have back up CD's so I shouldn't loose them. I hope that when I get around to that one I can do it in one album, but it sure is hard.

And no photos????:D:D

Seriously us keen scrapbookers would love to see your handiwork if you want to share.

Ok, hopefully this will work. I don't have a scanner so these are just quick photos but they should give you an idea.

http://lorisscrapbooks.shutterfly.com/

I am looking forward to starting another cruise scrapbook in a couple of months!

I love your scrap book. I just started do it about a year ago and it is so much fun. We traveled quite a bit this last year on land trips. Have a scrapbook for each trip. I go to Michael's and pick up stickers ahead of time then save everything that I get along the way. I have already started getting things for our Hawaii cruise in September. Your book gave me some good ideas also. Like to be sure and take pictures of all the towel animals, and different rooms of the ship. Do they have srap books on the ship.

Delores

I love your scrap book. I just started do it about a year ago and it is so much fun. We traveled quite a bit this last year on land trips. Have a scrapbook for each trip. I go to Michael's and pick up stickers ahead of time then save everything that I get along the way. I have already started getting things for our Hawaii cruise in September. Your book gave me some good ideas also. Like to be sure and take pictures of all the towel animals, and different rooms of the ship. Do they have srap books on the ship.

Delores

Carnival does sell scrapbooks and kits on board. I have never used one of their kits but I am thinking of trying one during our upcoming cruise. The best advice I can give you is to keep everything! I go to the excursion desk and get extra copies of our excursion pamphlets and use those in my book and also to get information on where we went. I keep our past guest invites, ticket stubs, sail & sign cards, capers, port maps and just about everything they give us. I also used part of the packaging they put our guavaberry rum bottles in on our St. Maarten page. I'll try to post more pictures this weekend. I pack a folder to store and protect everything for the trip home and it also keeps all the papers organized.

Lori

It looks GREAT! I am trying to get the one we took in 06 done, but it is a hrad one to do. It was the last one with my Dad. Our best friends also went with us, so I am doing those photos first. I don't think I will ever get them all done. I did buy the Princess and Carnival 12x12 scrapbooks but not the kits. I get my own "cruise" paper from online stores. I have the Cricut so I can make my own "diecuts". Here is the link to see some of my scrapbooks.... http://community.webshots.com/user/scrapn4fun

Ok, hopefully this will work. I don't have a scanner so these are just quick photos but they should give you an idea.

http://lorisscrapbooks.shutterfly.com/

I am looking forward to starting another cruise scrapbook in a couple of months!

I love it!!!

I have never tried scrapbooking and have wanted to learn. What's the best way to start out? Is there a "Scrapbooking for Dummies" out there? :D

I love it!!!

I have never tried scrapbooking and have wanted to learn. What's the best way to start out? Is there a "Scrapbooking for Dummies" out there? :D

The best way to start is to go to a scrapbooking crop. See if you have any scrapbooking stores in your area. If you do they will offer crops or even beginner classes. If you don't have any local stores try Creative Memories or Close to my Heart. You can host a party or go to a crop with a local consultant and she will teach you the fundimentals of scrapbooking and you can earn free product.

Scrapbooking is fun and really easy. The hardest part is choosing which picture to put in your scrapbooks.

The best way to start is to go to a scrapbooking crop. See if you have any scrapbooking stores in your area. If you do they will offer crops or even beginner classes. If you don't have any local stores try Creative Memories or Close to my Heart. You can host a party or go to a crop with a local consultant and she will teach you the fundimentals of scrapbooking and you can earn free product.

Scrapbooking is fun and really easy. The hardest part is choosing which picture to put in your scrapbooks.

What is a "crop"? :o

Thank you for the response!

My cruise isn't until mid-August and I am seriously thinking about doing this scrapbooking thing, first time! :eek:

I finished my first cruise scrapbook in about 4 months. After that, I decided to not force myself to scrapbook my vacations non-stop. I just scrap them and put them in my vacation album as I go along.

Scrapbook links are in my sig (although I haven't uploaded all of them).

Thanks for the link to your scarpbook pages Amber. That is funny as I had already seen them before as I recognised the Lovely midnight stroll one.

Love that.

I do go on twopeas but do not post much so I had maybe seen them there.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep go to a crop, I have 2 albums to complete, Alaska from Sept and the Miracle we just took in Jan I am hosting a 4 day crop in April here in NY I cant wait, its when us girls finish up all our projects ( well maybe not ALL cause we spend the first day checking out everyones STUFF) Our motto is She who has the most stuff wins lol CM is the best!

Pat

• 3 months later...

I am trying to finish my album for the trip we took on the Conquest in December 2007. Did anyone take any photos of any of the shows on the Conquest or know of a link to any photos of the shows? Also, I wanted to mention the wine tasting and art auction on a page in my scrapbook, and I did not know if there were any general public photos of those types of activities that I might could use in my scrapbook. Thanks in advance!

I am trying to finish my album for the trip we took on the Conquest in December 2007. Did anyone take any photos of any of the shows on the Conquest or know of a link to any photos of the shows? Also, I wanted to mention the wine tasting and art auction on a page in my scrapbook, and I did not know if there were any general public photos of those types of activities that I might could use in my scrapbook. Thanks in advance!

Did you try the cruiseline (that you sailed on) web site? Or I ordered some of their brochures and they have photos in them showing the activities you can or will do on board...

• 2 weeks later...

I got my scrapbook album from Carnival up in the photo gallery. For the poster who didn't know what a crop was or how to start, here's a thumbnail:

You need:

Pictures

Paper or cardstock (archival quality which most of it is now)

Glue (mono adhesive, glue stick, many different kinds)

A scrapbook page usually needs:

Picture(s)

A Title

Journaling (which can be one line or a whole long description saying what the viewer is looking at; what your feelings were at the time; what the weather was like or the mood, etc.) This can be printed on the computer or written (I do both and mix 'em up).

Then anything else is gravy--the fun stickers, die cuts, hardware, and so on. You can choose to matte the photos or not (I do both depending on the look I'm after).

A "Crop" is so called because even though pictures are traditionally 4x6 when they are printed, you will "crop" off those areas that are inconsequential to the picture which then brings the subject "in close" so you can concentrate on that when viewing the picture. Other people all bring their "stash" and work on a page or a bunch of pages.

There is a publication called "Simple Scrapbooking" which you could pick up a copy to get ideas and learn how to do it. It's basically sticking photos (and maybe mementos) on a page and letting people know what they are looking at by journaling or titleing the page.

I just finished my book for my Liberty cruise last September (we had a lot going on--my husband lost his job, we had to buy a house, his daughter came to live with us; just a wee bit going on! LOL) and so I worked on it the past couple weekends. I'll post my pictures this weekend when I get home. I am so happy with how it turned out.

To learn to scrapbook, Creative Memories, Stampin' Up!, Close to my Heart and some other home party companies are big into scrapbooking and teach it at their workshops/parties/classes.

Scrapbooking is fun. They have digital scrapbooking, too! Here is Carnival's, which gives a lot of scrapbooking layout ideas just in people posting their digital scrapbooks:

http://www.carnivalconnections.com/cruisetalk/blogs/scrapblog/

This was mine... http://www.carnivalconnections.com/cruisetalk/blogs/scrapblog/archive/2008/09/26/Our-first-cruise-09132008-_2D00_-690929.aspx

Enjoy!

Archived