taxi fare from Ft Lauderdale to MIA airport?

MszKitty

How much is a taxi from Ft Lauderdale to MIA airport?

We are traveling with family and staying post cruise in Ft Lauderdale. However, my 88 yr old mom is not staying with us post-cruise in Ft Lauderdale but her flight doesn't leave MIA until the evening. So rather than have her go from the ship to MIA and have to sit for 8-10 hours, she is going to spend the day with us at our Ft Lauderdale hotel.

So does anyone know approximately how much a taxi from Ft Lauderdale to MIA runs?

Thanks!

From FLL to MIA a cab runs $72, Downtown Ft Lauderdale to MIA $82 and Port Everglades to MIA $77. All fares are metered and are estimates, could be a little more or a little less depending on traffic and road conditions.

////

You can also take the rail system that goes b/t FLL and MIA - its something like $20- much cheaper.

Hmm...while that might be just fine for me...its not really an option for my 88 yr old mom, doing the trip alone (she even gets wheelchair help at the airport...her sight is deteriorating.)...she needs something that will drop her right off at the curbside and help with luggage.

Thanks for the info though. I appreciate your reply.

Hi,

There is a shuttle service which is very well recommended on these boards,

www.ridesas.com

you can contact them via the website or call their number.

The cost is about $20 and they will pick her up at the hotel

I called this service and they wanted $75 for 2 people from MIA to our FLL hotel. I also called Suppershuttle and their price was $62 for two people. They said they can pick up and deliver to hotels and the airports. We only needed them one way because of the cruise ending in Calif.

SuperShuttle phone #

Miami 305-871-2000

Ft. Lauderdale 954-764-1700

Our TA had recommended Suppershuttle but I saw Ridesas on CruiseCritic so I checked them out.

Do you know what the approximate Taxi cost from the Broadwalk to POM?

Also, I would like to thank you for all your help.. I really appreciate it as well as the other travelers.

Thanks for the kudos.

Its roughly 24 miles from Hollywood Beach to the Port of Miami. Taxi fares are metered, you pay by the 1/6th of a mile and any waiting time (ie stopped at a traffic light or stuck in a traffic jam). With that bein said, expect to pay anywhere between $65-$80 for the cab ride.

/////

Archived